American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Junior Network Engineer. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Junior Network Engineer will play a critical role in Hosting. Specifically, the Junior Network Engineer will join our Hosting team to support our 24/7 SaaS operations. The Network Engineer is responsible for supporting American Well's production and corporate networks. Work involves basic network engineering including support of all network components including switches, routers, firewalls, F5 load balancers, wireless access points and various security platforms.
- Administer all Cisco network equipment including firewalls, switches, routers, VPN, wireless access points, etc.
- Implement firewall, switch and router ACLs, provision VLANs, and manage routing changes as needed.
- Build and maintain highly fault tolerant networks capable of supporting 99.999% uptime requirements.
- Perform in-depth traffic engineering and network performance analysis. Provide detailed reports and ensure proactive expansion or tuning is performed.
- Administer load balancers and related software including F5 LTM, GTM, ASM, APM, AFM.
- Assist with security intrusion/penetration testing exercises
- Perform firewall administration and maintenance as needed.
- Perform regular backup and recovery exercises on all network equipment.
- Ensure the proper implementation of comprehensive network management and monitoring system.
- Experience with Cisco switches, routers and firewalls
- Experience with F5 Load balancers Ability to document work through work plans, methods of procedure, network diagrams and disaster recovery procedures
- Experience administering stackwise switches
- Cisco Firepower experience is a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot network issues using NMAP, wireshark, netflow and other tools
Should you join American Well and the Hosting team, you can expect:
American Well’s Operations group is a mission-focused technology team made up the best and brightest technical talent. Operating out of our Boston headquarters, our engineers specialize in Information Technology, Cyber Security & Compliance, Hosting Operations, Business
Intelligence, Kiosk Operations and Network Engineering. We operate a state of the art Cyber Command Center designed specifically to manage and protect our global telehealth infrastructure.
We leverage the latest technologies including an array of deployment and management tools as well as several cyber threat intelligence networks to keep our systems running smoothly around the clock.
If you enjoy working hard, challenging yourself, and staying at the cutting edge of technology, this is the team for you.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks