American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional Senior Manager, Information Assurance. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Senior Manager, Information Assurance will play a critical role in the security and compliance team. Reporting to the CIO, the Senior Manager, Information Assurance will lead many aspects of our federal security management program. The candidate will ensure that all security documentation is maintained in accordance with federal standards. As the Senior IA official, a large part of your time will be supporting accreditation process leading to contractually required Authority to Operate. This may include the creation of or updates to the accreditation package, responding to security questions, liaising with federal agencies, creating and collecting evidence to satisfy NIST controls, and ensuring our readiness for accreditation. The candidate will work as a lead individual contributor with support from a larger technology team.
- Prior experience with major security assessments such as NIST, RMF, FISMA, DIACAP or FEDRAMP is required.
- Experience with creating and updating information security policies and procedures in accordance with federal standards.
- Supporting the federal risk assessment process, risk-based security model and federal risk management requirements
- Experience with issues of information security and privacy, especially as they relate to delivering healthcare is highly desirable.
- Work closely with state of the art cyber command center/Security Operations Center
- Close collaboration with federal security teams
- Access to federal information assurance resources
- Opportunity to work with the latest cyber threat intelligence systems
- Lead the certification and accreditation process with support from large security, compliance and operations teams
- Strong working knowledge of NIST SP-800 standards is required.
- CISA, CISM, CISSP, GIAC or similar certification strongly preferred.
- Hands on experience with tools including Tenable Security Center, Nessus, ACAS, HBSS.
- Familiarity with HIPAA, HITRUST, PCI-DSS and other security standards.
- Candidate must be capable of coming up to speed quickly, working with little oversight and communicating in a clear and concise manner at all times.
- IT Audit experience
Working at American Well:
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks