American Well, headquartered in Boston and a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Senior Vice President, Operations for our Aligned Telehealth business unit located in Woodland Hills, CA. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
Aligned Telehealth (Aligned) is a wholly owned subsidiary that operates our acute tele-psychiatry clinical services located in Woodland Hills, CA. The providers in the Aligned business unit conduct both virtual and in-hospital acute psychiatry services across the United States. This position will provide senior leadership in this business unit and build and evolve business processes, data systems and general operations to support the business unit’s continued growth and expansion.
The Senior Vice President, Operations is a member of the leadership team of the Aligned division. The Senior Vice President, Operations will lead the scaling and operations of this rapidly growing provider service organization. This person is responsible for the “supply-side” of the provider group and optimizes business operations. This individual will have experience in healthcare service operations, with experience creating scalable and sustainable business processes. They will be experienced using the tools of lean management and have a passion for applying technology and utilizing data to make processes more efficient and effective. The role offers an exciting opportunity enter a successful business and evolve operations in the emerging telehealth market.
This position will be based in Aligned’s Woodland Hills, CA office.
- Ensure the operational success of Aligned which includes establishing and implementing standard operating procedures and data systems to measure and analyze performance.
- Lead the team overseeing core operations, including client deployment/implementation, account management, provider licensing and credentialing, analytics, and reporting.
- Partner with business development, account management, and physician leadership teams to ensure clients are deployed according to their scope of work and are managed to achieve their program objectives.
- Align provider capacity and recruiting efforts with customer demand and implementation timelines.
- Create standard operating procedures for business operations including standardized contracting procedures and establishing standardized service level agreements (SLAs) for customers
- Establish Aligned as the preferred employer for psychiatrists across the country through culture, quality, and industry-best practice management.
- Build and maintain a forecasting and reporting infrastructure to provide the necessary insight to the operations team, and to support corporate reporting intiatives.
- Create dashboards and KPIs to measure and report Aligned’s performance.
- Ensure Aligned’s operations maintain compliance with HIPAA.
- Interact with clients to provide insight and guidance related to their own operational performance as necessary
- Mentor, train, and support a growing team
- 10+ years of healthcare service operations experience, ideally working with hospitals, large physician groups and/or external customer service for providers.
- Demonstrated success in management of service operations of a growing, national business with HIPAA compliance requirement
- Previous management experience including responsibilities for hiring, training, assigning work and managing business and clinical staff.
- Highly analytical, with the ability to map data and analysis into business acumen and strategic thinking
- Experience managing customer implementation and deployments and account management
- Experience using data to drive continuous process improvement
- Experience in creating and documenting standard operating procedures
- Effective communication and negotiation skills, employing diplomacy and sensitivity to resolve critical or escalated issues affecting customers, physicians, or senior management
- Excellent interpersonal, public presentation, written and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred
- Experience in Software/Tech/Healthcare industries preferred
- Public Company experience is a bonus
- Experience with Financial Planning Software
- MBA or MPH preferred
Working at American Well:
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city and Aligned’s office is in the Los Angeles area in Woodland Hills, CA. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks