At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
An American Well Solutions Manager is responsible for strategy and execution of new strategic offerings and company-wide initiatives. If you work best in ambiguity, are an agile thinker, someone not afraid to fail, but when you do, you do so quickly and learn from it, that’s a great start. If you’re also an accomplished communicator able to interact and manage at all levels of a rapidly growing healthcare technology company, as well as a passionate visionary with an uncanny ability to pick winning products, this role could be a fit for you.
We are looking for candidates with strong healthcare and product expertise, having experience bringing products from ideation to fruition, and developing and presenting business cases for new product investment. You’ll need to be able to make tough decisions on the products and new market opportunities that we should not be investing in as well.
This highly visible position will report to the Senior Director of Customer Solutions and interact extensively with our c-suite. Demonstrated success in this role will likely offer you a myriad of possibilities for continued career progression and development.
The Solutions Manager will work collaboratively with other leaders in Product Management, Corporate Strategy, Finance, Marketing and Sales to synthesize customer insight and market data and combine that insight to help create new products, evaluate competitive offerings, assess customer demand, develop pricing structures and set tangible strategic priorities for the company.
This will require a hands-on approach and willingness to roll up sleeves and dig into the many sources of customer feedback from direct sources, market insight, and field feedback and turn them into actionable recommendations for investment.
Specific responsibilities will include:
1. Market, Product and Services Strategy and Commercialization Planning
- Identify and develop new products, services, distribution channels and markets within a designated area of focus. Identify potential products, define opportunity and value proposition, assess competitor offerings and alternative product solutions, identify target customer base and needs, assess fit with American Well’s strategy, product portfolio and technology capabilities
- Validate hypotheses through various sources including Customer Advisory Boards, direct customer feedback, customer market research, business unit operations and sales teams, and competitor product analysis.
- Interact directly with customer/prospect senior leadership to identify and assess new product ideas
- Develop success criteria for product evaluations and manage development of new products to ensure adherence to defined goals. Ensure speed to market of new products to maximize opportunities.
- Work with Leadership Teams, Product Management & Development organization team members, Marketing, sales and operations teams, and Professional Services to develop and help launch successful new products through the entire organization.
- Present new product ideas to American Well’s Leadership Team for green light to pursue
- Ensure alignment across the organization for new product development and launch. Work closely with the product managers, product marketing managers, clinical services managers and customer support operations in the development of comprehensive offerings
- Provide insight on pricing as part of product/service/market evaluation to justify investment; Be able to assemble initial investment costs, projected profitability and Loss statements and break-even analyses.
- Develop deep knowledge of American Well’s product suite
- Develop presentations, field survey insights, phased product development approaches and plans
- Strategize with client account leads to ensure solutions are being effectively understood by client clinical leaders to drive both successful implementation and expansion
- Provide input and suggestion to product development teams based on client feedback
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that reflect American Well core values
- Demonstrate service excellence and Deliver Awesome
2. Cross-functional Go-to Market Coordination and Execution
- Conduct regular sessions with cross functional teams to drive results and delivery across sales, marketing, executive, legal, customer support, clinical and product/technology teams
- Facilitate the flow of work and communication across the organization
- Provide overview and direction on projects; raise and mitigate risks as needed
- Leverage project management best practices and tools to optimize communication, task tracking, risk mitigation, milestone coordination and reporting, with a goal of maintaining organization-wide alignment and transparency
- Analyze, synthesize, and integrate the “Voice of the Customer” into everything we do at American Well, including our products, service delivery, mindset and culture
Qualifications and Skills
- 4-7 years’ experience with digital health products or a related field
- Must have experience within Healthcare Technology
- Experience building financial analyses and projections for business cases and commercialization plans
- Strong presentation skills, ability to pitch ideas/products to senior level executives
- Ability to effectively interact with cross functional team leaders
- PMP or other project/program management certification desired
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field (MBA preferred)
- Create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors).
- Lead and influence Leadership Team, Strategy/Marketing/Product Management/Finance, field sales and operations management
- Work independently and as a member of a team; drive initiatives with a persistent sense of urgency
- Communicate effectively verbally and in-writing
- Operate and self-drive to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of multi-tasking, being highly organized, with excellent self-driven time management skills
- Possess knowledge of company-wide strategy, product offerings, marketing positioning, product costing/pricing, customer perspectives
- Maintain proficiency with computer applications including presentation tools, spreadsheets and apps
- Know the healthcare system and digital health space including health care services delivery, population health and wellness programs, and telehealth reimbursement
- Present ideas, results and requests to large and small groups
- Develop meaningful working relationships
- Plan and organize large scale, multi-phase initiatives
- Be comfortable with an extremely fluid, fast-paced environment
- Travel 5-10%
Should you join American Well and the Solutions Management team, you can expect to build deep understanding of and relationships with health systems, payers and consumer demand generators in their development of innovative digital healthcare delivery. You’ll see and learn from the best of the best and help deeply committed clients and partners earlier in their journey to build out new capabilities. Put simply, you’ll be working arm-in-arm with digital health leaders nationwide to take the old guard of medicine and enable change from within, bringing new and innovative tools that can improve healthcare.
We are focused every day on how we build trust, engagement, and partnership with clinical leaders looking for better ways to treat their patients. We’re tasked with helping our clients advance their own goals, workflows, and overall experience. We help them dream big and work together to translate each clients’ vision into action.
Telehealth is an exciting and evolving technology that is changing healthcare. If you are passionate about healthcare, and would like to be surrounded by energetic, innovative team members…. we can’t wait to meet you!
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free onsite gym access
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks