American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in design. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The User Experience / User Interface Designer will play a critical role in the Experience & Visual Design department. Specifically, the designer will craft intuitive, seamless workflows for every user of our technology – consumers, healthcare providers, staff, and administrators. You will represent the end user in a cross-functional team of Engineers, QA, UI Designers, and Product Managers, and be a constant advocate for their perspectives. You will tackle complex tasks and translate them into easy-to-use screens and features, in relentless pursuit of an excellent user experience. You will produce wireframes, prototypes, and other design assets to facilitate the continuous development process, while adhering to UX best practices and approaches. You will have an eye for high quality UI design and be able to understand fundamentals of design systems, and their application to web and mobile products.
If you have a passion for solving complex problems and driving healthcare innovation, and would like to join us at our Reston offices in Northern Virginia, we’d love to hear from you.
- Work as a part of a cross functional team on long term projects
- Produce detailed wireframes, prototypes and high fidelity UI designs which meet strategic/business objectives
- Create information architecture diagrams, user journeys, personas and other UX deliverables
- Contribute to our style guide and standard
- Lead our UX Research Program (Voice of the User) in partnership with health systems
- Advise other members of the company as an advocate for our users
- 3+ years of experience in UI/UX
- Advanced knowledge of wire-framing and clickable prototypes
- Qualitative Research - Ability to conducting moderated & unmoderated user research + synthesis findings
- Excellent organization and communication skills and comfort working in cross-functional, global teams
- Experience in a fast-paced, agile software environment
- Advanced knowledge of design tools (Adobe XD, Sketch, Invision or similar)
- Experience designing for both web and mobile
Preferred, but not required:
- Health care industry experience
- Experience designing complex SaaS products
- Experience using and contributing to design systems
Should you join American Well and the Experience & Visual Design team, you can expect:
The Experience & Visual Design team is a talented mix of designers, illustrators, usability specialists, and user interface experts from the engineering world as well. We support the full range of American Well’s digital needs and are constantly developing delightful web and mobile interfaces, compelling marketing collateral and beautiful presentations. We are committed to changing the face of healthcare.
Leveraging the latest design tools and best practices of the industry, UI/UX Design makes it a point to always be learning and creating the best possible products.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. This position is based in our offices in Reston, Virginia. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Complimentary snacks and drinks