American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise and interest in facility operations, vendor procurement and insurance. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Manager, Procurement Operations will establish and own the entire vendor management process from procurement to renewal/termination. Responsible for driving operational excellence and acting as the main contact for vendors. Establish policies to ensure standardization of purchasing, contracting, service delivery and solutions for the organization. Direct and coordinate forecasting, audits and performance of all American Well vendors. Identify and nurture relationships with vendor partners.
- Responsible for the performance and results of all vendor operations
- Build, implement and optimize vendor management processes, tools and policies
- Implement sourcing strategies as it relates to the contracting and procurement process
- Negotiate contract pricing, terms and conditions, rebates, and performance levels fulfilling internal client business requirements
- Establish strong, collaborative relationships with key internal stakeholders to ensure ongoing alignment
- Lead discovery and research of new vendors/technologies
- Oversee monitoring of vendor performance against contractual obligations
- Develop processes, templates, and set performance metrics for sourcing engagements.
- Identify and communicate process improvements to ensure best practices in the procurement process are followed across the company.
- A Bachelor's Degree (MBA or graduate degree preferred)
- 5+ years expertise in purchasing, supplier collaboration, development and compliance
- Experience with building a vendor program
- Talent in negotiations, contract management and leading cross functional initiatives
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Concur, Excel and other typical electronic tools
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks