Senior Mobile Developer, Team Lead
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Senior Developer, Team Lead. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Senior Mobile Developer, Team Lead will be responsible for technical and architectural oversight of our offshore mobile development team (8 engineers and 1 project manager) and will contribute as a developer on current and future mobile development initiatives. This individual will collaborate and coordinate closely with other business stakeholders, including Development Operations, Project and Product Management, UX/UI, and Customer Service in order to deliver innovative, timely, robust, and winning mobile products to the market.
- Serve as technical Team Lead for our existing offshore mobile development team. Currently, mobile leadership includes an onshore Product Manager and an offshore Project Manager; this role rounds out our mobile leadership team by adding critical technical expertise.
- Assess and oversee the technical architecture of the American Well clinical care mobile platform, and work with the mobile team to ensure that the architecture is consistent, scalable, and robust.
- Work on the mobile team as a senior mobile developer to build innovative, next-generation mobile features.
- Work closely with Project Management, Product Management, UX/UI, Customer Service, upper management, and other stakeholders on planning and delivering high quality software.
- Work under minimal supervision balancing multiple competing priorities while given wide latitude for independent judgment and decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a technical field
- 2+ years experience as a mobile developer, delivering software on both iOS and Android platforms.
- 1+ years experience as team lead for a dual-platform mobile development team
- Experience working with and an offshore development team in a team lead capacity
- 1+ years native iOS development experience
- 1+ years native Android development experience
- Strong ability to foster and maintain a positive and creative work environment for teams including resolving conflict within the team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Complimentary snacks and drinks