Specialist RN - Patient Relations Advocate at The Clinic, LLC: A Joint Venture Between American Well and Cleveland Clinic
The Patient Relations Advocate will be responsible for establishing a relationship with patients via online/telephone assessment and intake through active listening and questioning process, documenting these encounters and providing instruction and creating an opinion timeline based on established protocol.
- Responsible for establishing a relationship with patients and effectively triaging and providing care guidance and resolution to all contacts and patients.
- Assesses patient needs, determines and initiates appropriate action or response to meet identified needs.
- Assesses patient and physician needs, provides requested information and/or guidance or service as appropriate or forwards to the appropriate person on the clinical management team.
- Initiates and independently implements appropriate clinical activities, including communication with patient/caregiver, physician (as applicable) and complete documentation of events and interventions.
- Maintains consistent communication with patients.
- Assists, reviews, researches, and resolves active patient and referral concerns and complaints and records outcomes accordingly to meet regulatory compliance standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN Preferred or other allied health professional degree.
- Current Ohio RN license
- Other Allied Health license
- Good clinical judgment, careful listening, critical thinking skills and assessment skills.
- Strong customer service skills, including both verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to be self-directed, excel in critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Minimum of 2 years nursing or clinical experience (preferred in critical care, intermediate care, or med/surg, outpatient care coordination).
- Prior phone triage.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment. May require periods of sitting, standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Requires good visual acuity through normal or corrected vision. Must be able to hear normal conversation. Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds.
Working at The Clinic
The Clinic, the partnership between American Well and Cleveland Clinic will transform how care is delivered through online technology, led by clinical innovation from providers at Cleveland Clinic. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
This position will be based in Cleveland, OH. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Long and Short Term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- 529 College Savings