Director of Clinical Operations, The Clinic, LLC: A Joint Venture between American Well and Cleveland Clinic
The Director of Clinical Operations will play a critical role in our newly formed joint venture with Cleveland Clinic, based in Cleveland, OH. Specifically, the Director of Clinical Operations will: Ensure that all clinical operations are handled in a professional, efficient, and effective manner consistent with The Clinic’s principles of exceptional patient experience. Act as liaison/consultant within Cleveland Clinic with external institutions/clients. Maintain outstanding relationships with doctors and support staff and advise in all aspects of clinical operations. Lead personnel (nursing/clerical) management and clinical development. Ensure quality care of all patients; generate recommendations and develop business plans. Collaborate with leadership in developing new business/clinical opportunities, business plans, and product/service lines.
- Develops and maintains a high level of customer and patient experience. Recommends changes to improve quality of care and experience.
- Participates in department and program work with corporate clients.
- Assumes fiscal responsibility for clinical expenditures.
- Attains and maintains adherence in prescribed regulatory standards.
- Performs system analysis to create new systems and operating procedures or revises established systems to achieve maximum efficiency of the department’s patient care delivery systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Extensive management experience in clinical environments and administrative duties related to the work of The Clinic will be evaluated and may be substituted for educational achievements.
- A minimum of five years of recent management experience is preferred.
- Must possess good human relations and customer/patient service skills along with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral, written, communication skills; excellent organizational skills and time management.
- Must be willing to manage the clinical department/operations beyond the normal operational schedule as many of our patients may be in time zones that require communication at off hours.
- Within the scope of the job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and to direct and evaluate the efforts of others.
- Ability to establish cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or allied health profession required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Current State Registered Nurse (RN) or other allied health profession license
Working at The Clinic
The Clinic, the partnership between American Well and Cleveland Clinic will transform how care is delivered through online technology, led by clinical innovation from providers at Cleveland Clinic. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
This position will be based in Cleveland, OH. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
Group Life Insurance
Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Long and Short Term Disability
Supplemental Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Employee Assistance Program
529 College Savings