Director of Business Operations, The Clinic, LLC: A Joint Venture between American Well and Cleveland Clinic
The Director, Business Operations will play a critical role in our newly formed joint venture with Cleveland Clinic, based in Cleveland, OH. Specifically, the Director of Business Operations will direct the financial analyses of key operating indicators and metrics and the creation of tools and reports that assist leadership in making business decisions. Oversee general function / operations of corporate offices and assist with new business planning and strategic direction / vision.
- Establish and monitor, on a regular basis, operating metrics and dashboards for all company functions (revenue generating and support) using a variety of internal company data sources
- Establish cross functional working groups and engage with key executive stakeholders within the organization to lead and implement process changes
- Implement processes to optimize company functions and investigate variances from historical ratios for further study
- Ensure quality output throughout the organization
- Identify technology / services to support personnel and processes changes and implement them throughout the organization
- Prepare and present materials for Board of Directors regarding status of company operations
- Establish operational processes across the support structures of the company.
- Support identification and analysis of new business development opportunities
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attention to detail and exceptional work ethic
- Ability to work with senior level executives to identify areas of opportunity, business development, and improvement
- Comfort approaching and utilizing numerous data sources
- Passion for continued improvement
- Extensive management experience in clinical environments and administrative duties related to the work of The Clinic will be evaluated and may be substituted for educational achievements.
- A minimum of five years of recent management experience is preferred.
- Must possess good human relations and customer/patient service skills along with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral, written, communication skills; excellent organizational skills and time management.
- Must be willing to manage the clinical department/operations beyond the normal operational schedule as many of our patients may be in time zones that require communication at off hours.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or similar management field
- Master’s Degree preferred
Working at The Clinic
The Clinic, the partnership between American Well and Cleveland Clinic will transform how care is delivered through online technology, led by clinical innovation from providers at Cleveland Clinic. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
This position will be based in Cleveland, OH. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
Group Life Insurance
Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Long and Short Term Disability
Supplemental Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Employee Assistance Program
529 College Savings