American Well is seeking a motivated Software Engineer to help redefine healthcare by developing the only end-to-end telehealth platform that combines easy-to-use care coordination software with provider and patient mobile applications and the industry’s leading telemedicine devices. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver virtual doctor visits. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling doctors to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
- Develop new software to bring the Internet of Things (IoT) to healthcare
- Collaborate with internal teams (Device Engineering, Software Engineering, and Product Management) to deliver products and features on-time and to specification
- Work with 3rd party vendors to support their hardware on the American Well platform
- Evaluate processes, tools and approaches to potentially incorporate into how we develop products to ensure we are always learning and improving
- Work under minimal supervision; will be provided with assignments and objectives and given wide latitude for independent judgment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with the following is a plus: AngularJS, Angular, React, Postgres, video conferencing protocols and systems
- Driven to own the process and deliver the solution
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve strategy based on research, data and industry trends
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Should you join American Well and the Devices team, you can expect:
American Well’s Device Engineering group is a mission-focused technology team made up the best and brightest technical talent. Operating out of our office in Reston, VA, our engineers specialize in electrical, mechanical, firmware, software, and embedded systems design and development. We design, develop, and test cutting-edge telehealth systems in a fast-paced interdisciplinary team.
Our mission is to transform healthcare and to be the premier distributor of provider services by creating and operationalizing devices that enable consumption of telemedicine, deliver an awesome user experience and capture exceptional business value
If you enjoy working hard, challenging yourself, and staying at the cutting edge of technology, this is the team for you.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Complimentary snacks and drinks