American Well is an innovative private equity-backed world leader in telehealth solutions headquartered in downtown Boston. We believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web, connecting consumers with online doctors, therapists and specialists.
We are seeking a self-directed and analytical Client Marketing Manager to join the Consumer Marketing Team with a focus on our health plan and employer clients. The role requires an individual who has experience developing marketing programs designed to engage consumers. This individual requires a unique blend of strategic thinking and executional ability with a keen attention to detail.
You will have a tangible impact on American Well’s growth in key health plan and employer market segments. Work with leaders across sales and marketing, and externally with our clients and key influencers, to position American Well to win in the competitive landscape of digital technology solutions.
- Plan and execute direct marketing engagement programs consisting of email, direct mail, and digital tactics across clients for health plans and employer groups to promote awareness and drive engagement
- Provide guidance to clients to ensure a successful implementation
- Develop positive ongoing relationships with health plan and employer marketing teams and serve as an expert telehealth marketer who can guide clients to attain their program goals
- Develop and present “Best Practices” documents and presentations that guide our clients’ engagement with health plans and employer groups.
- Monitor and manage enrollment and utilization of client telehealth systems and their associated marketing programs
- Manage monthly reporting for clients, as needed
- Work closely with American Well Account Management, Professional Services, Visual Design and Technology teams to service our major clients
- 4-6 years of consumer marketing experience, preferably within a healthcare organization or marketing agency
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple clients with a keen attention to detail.
- Cross-channel marketing experience including paid digital, email, SEO, and content marketing.
- Excellent presentation and project management skills
- Strong command of Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience and comfort with marketing technologies (automation, tracking and analytics, etc.)
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally with a concentration in marketing, communications or business
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, and a “how can we get this done” attitude
- Polish – the ability to conduct yourself with the most senior levels at our partner companies
- Take pride in delivering high quality work and delighting clients with excellent results
- Comfort collaborating via video chat with remote team members and clients
- Scrappy, resilient, and digitally focused
- Think deeply, but also act quickly
- Curious – no fear of asking question and willing to admit that you don’t know the answer
- We’re in an industry that is constantly evolving – comfort with ambiguity is very important
- Low ego, a team player
- Ability to juggle multiple ongoing projects while maintaining a keen attention to detail
- Cross-functional team player – internally and externally
The marketing team is a collaborative, data-driven and creative team comprised of; corporate communications, corporate marketing, client marketing, and consumer marketing. Because American Well is the leader in a fast-growing industry, we have the dual opportunity and challenge of building our brand while we simultaneously educate and excite people about telemedicine. We are the company’s – and our clients – go-to marketing agency. We’re responsible for company branding and promotion, customer utilization and success, prospect and product marketing, as well as supporting client retention and business development through outreach, strategy, content, and events.
Working at American Well:
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks