American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in clinical services. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Director, Clinical Programs will play a critical role in the Clinical Services department. Specifically, the Director, Clinical Programs will:
- Oversee the growth of existing telemedicine services businesses as well as innovative programs in the wellness and chronic care space
- Develop and implement short and long term plans for growth of new businesses. Craft business plans for new programs and services and develop and execute project launch plans
- Act as the business owner for these services, possessing a complete understanding of all variables that impact the business
- Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines
- Build profitable relationships with third parties where it makes more sense to partner rather than build new services
- Understand customer needs as well as competitors’ marketing, products and pricing and make strategic changes
- Maintain industry expertise; keep tabs on trends and new product ideas
- Lead 3-5 individuals initially; train, develop and mentor associates and first-time managers
- Lead process improvements across the business
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience within, but not limited to healthcare services, business development and/or strategy capacity at a top tier consulting firm
- An MBA from a top-tier school or equivalent experience
- A confident, entrepreneurial self-starter with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and add immediate value in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead and prioritize multiple projects, and to delegate tasks appropriately
- Senior presence; able to clearly and consistently work side-by-side with a broad range of senior leaders and functions to achieve objectives. Persuasive and articulate communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience delivering against targets & goals in rapidly evolving environment
- Strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management with external companies
- Innovative problem-solving skills – dissect and resolve root causes of problems, and implement solutions
- A process oriented individual, with a tireless focus on quality of output and throughput
- Previous management experience including responsibilities for hiring, training, assigning work and managing performance of staff.
Should you join American Well and the Clinical Services team, you will support the Online Care Group:
The Online Care Group (OCG) is a physician-owned and operated medical practice. OCG is dedicated to the practice of telehealth, delivering high quality healthcare to patients on a secure, HIPAA compliant, video-based platform. In addition to urgent care, OCG also manages a national behavioral health practice, which includes therapy and psychiatry, as well as a nutrition practice staffed by registered dieticians and a Breastfeeding support practice. The Online Care Group practices across all 50 states - 24 hours/day, 365 days/year.
Working at American Well:
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks