American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in Visual Design. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The UI Designer will play a critical role in the Experience & Visual Design department. Specifically, the UI Designer will craft intuitive, seamless interfaces for every user of our technology – consumers, healthcare providers, staff, and administrators. You will work within a cross-functional team of Engineers, QA, UX Designers, and Product Managers, and you will stand sentinel over interactivity details and best practices. You will tackle complex tasks and translate them into easy-to-use screens and features, in relentless pursuit of an excellent user experience. You will produce hi-fidelity layouts, prototypes, and other design assets to facilitate the continuous development process, while adhering to UI best practices and approaches.
If you have a passion for solving complex problems and driving healthcare innovation, we’d love to hear from you.
- Lead user interface design efforts on projects for our Web, iOS and Android Apps
- Refine application visual styles and layouts
- Develop and manage efficient design systems and beautiful style guides consistent with our corporate branding and strategy
- Oversee core product asset requirements and serve as a liaison to internal and external stakeholders
- Create and prepare the necessary graphic assets and components for prototyping and production
- Collaborate with other designers, product managers and developers to develop and refine application screen layouts while optimizing usability and accessibility
- Create UI strategies to address different audiences including consumers, doctors, health plan executives and hospital administrators
- Stay abreast of the latest web technologies and industry standards, paying close attention to the latest thinking in interaction, usability and layout
- Act as a team lead, conduct UX/UI product planning, and lead departmental meetings and activities
- Create new domains of product UI standards and guidelines
- Design with great attention to detail, ownership and pride in all work that you produce
- Superior user interface design skills that exemplify design maturity and expertise
- Experience being a visual design lead, critiquing, guiding and inspiring the work of junior designs on your projects
- Experience designing robust enterprise-level software
- Expert knowledge of Sketch and Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop & Illustrator)
- Expert knowledge of Invision, Zeplin and other design tools
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, collaborative environment and handle multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work effectively cross functionally with other teams such as Engineering, Product Management & Marketing
- Familiarity with Web technologies (HTML5, CSS3, etc.) and usability best practices
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, specifically Word and PowerPoint
- Minimum of 7 years experience in UI/UX design
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or related field (Masters preferred)
- A strong online portfolio of UI work is required
Should you join American Well and the Experience and Visual Design team, you can expect:
The Experience and Visual Design team is a talented mix of designers, illustrators, and user interface experts. We support the full range of American Well’s visual needs and are constantly developing delightful web and mobile interfaces, compelling marketing collateral and beautiful presentations. A veritable in-house visual agency, we are committed to changing the face of healthcare.
Leveraging the latest design tools and best practices of the industry, Visual Design makes it a point to always be learning and creating the best possible products.
Working at American Well:
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks