American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Engineering. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Senior Technical Project Manager will play a critical role in organizing and coordinating a wide variety of engineering and inter-team activities around software development and release. This individual will own all software development project deliverables across American Well’s acute care platform, will oversee release coordination in concert with Product Management, UX/UI, and Customer Service, and will be responsible for refinement and operation of the engineering agile software development lifecycle (SDLC).
Specifically, the Senior Technical Project Manager will:
- Work with Engineering (both hardware and software groups) to acquire and maintain a technical understanding of the American Well clinical care platform deep enough to support projects, identify and communicate risks, and facilitate issue resolution.
- Work closely with Product Management, UX/UI, Customer Service, upper management, and other stakeholders on planning and delivering high quality software.
- Manage several simultaneous software development projects at a tactical level (prioritization of work, multi-team progress against milestones, blocker resolution, upward reporting, inter-group communications).
- Own and actively manage the agile SDLC, including facilitating scrum ceremonies (e.g. standup, planning, grooming) for one or more scrum teams, and providing and tracking agile metrics relating to predictability and productivity.
- Work under minimal supervision balancing multiple competing priorities while given wide latitude for independent judgment and decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a technical field
- 2+ years experience in a Technical Project Management role for a SaaS software company
- 2+ years of experience as a Scrum Master or agile coach overseeing multiple development efforts
- Experience with Agile ALM tools like JIRA, Rally, etc
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects and coordinate with other teams
- Strong ability to foster and maintain a positive and creative work environment for teams including resolving conflict within the team
- Experience with various sized co-located and geographically distributed teams a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Should you join American Well and the Engineering team, you can expect:
The development organization is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers dedicated to creating a state of the art TeleHealth experience on every platform we can get our hands on. Our crossfunctional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt, and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole American Well organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all of our users.
Whether you’re an advocate for the latest and greatest iOS and Android features, are committed to the ideal back-end architecture, or are dedicated to providing the best web usability, we have a place for you on our team.
Working at American Well:
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Complimentary snacks and drinks