Senior UI Designer
American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in Visual Design. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Sr. User Experience Designer will be responsible for the end to end journey of our users. You would craft intuitive, seamless workflows for the many different users of our technology – consumers, healthcare providers, staff, administrators, and more. You will represent the end user in a cross-functional team of Engineers, QA, UI Designers, and Product Managers, and be a constant advocate for their perspectives. You will tackle complex tasks and translate them into easy-to-use interfaces, in relentless pursuit of a simple and excellent user experience. You will produce wireframes, information architecture diagrams, prototypes, and other design assets to facilitate the continuous development process, while adhering to UX best practices and approaches. You will also contribute to our ever-expanding set of standard elements and rules by which they are used.
If you have a passion for solving complex problems and driving healthcare innovation, we’d love to hear from you.
- Work as a part of a cross functional team on long term projects while creating items that can be reused by other designers
- Produce detailed wireframes that meet strategic/business objectives
- Create information architecture diagrams for proposed work flows
- Build and refine prototypes of proposed solutions, as needed
- Contribute to our style guide and standard
- Advise other members of the company as an advocate for our users
- Create and maintain Information architecture for a product
- Organizing feedback based off of research with users and recommend new features for future development.
- 5+ years of experience in UX, Product Design, Information Architecture, Interaction Design, or a related field
- Advanced knowledge of wireframing
- Advanced knowledge of Sketch
- Ability to create simple prototypes using InVision
- Qualitative Research - Ability to conducting moderated & unmoderated user research + synthesis findings
- Experience leading design thinking / co-design sessions
- Experience using and contributing to design systems
- Experience designing complex products for both web and mobile interfaces
- Experience in a fast-paced, agile software environment; ability to execute against aggressive timelines
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Passion to improve healthcare
Not required but a big plus if you have Experience:
- In the Health care industry
- Working as a fully dedicated & embedded member of an agile team
Should you join American Well and the Experience and Visual Design team, you can expect:
The Experience and Visual Design team is a talented mix of designers, illustrators, and user interface experts. We support the full range of American Well’s visual needs and are constantly developing delightful web and mobile interfaces, compelling marketing collateral and beautiful presentations. A veritable in-house visual agency, we are committed to changing the face of healthcare.
Leveraging the latest design tools and best practices of the industry, Visual Design makes it a point to always be learning and creating the best possible products.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks