American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in engineering. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will play a critical role in the Engineering department. This individual will play a key role in maintaining and improving the American Well DevOps Team. The platform incorporates a wide variety of features in providing world-class Tele-health solutions through scalable web APIs, video Infrastructure and other technologies. This role requires working closely with the members of our engineering and operations teams, building and maintaining production environments in AWS and other Cloud Solutions
- Build and maintain infrastructure on AWS environment and other Cloud Solutions
- Write scripts to automate deployments and server management
- Maintain Dev, Stg, QA and Production configuration using automated deployments
- Build and maintain operations tools for monitoring, notifications, log collection, and debugging.
- Troubleshoot/Debug production issues
- Maintain and enhance the Continuous Integration & Deployment environment
- Document current and future configuration processes and policies.
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience with building and maintaining production environments in large-scale AWS enterprises.
- At least 3 years of practical experience with most if not all of the following components of AWS: VPC, EC2, ELB, EBS, Route53, S3, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, IAM, RDS, SNS, Lambda, WAF
- Experience with Video platforms: Vidyo, WebRTC, Pexip
- Experience with Security Tools: AlertLogic, Incapsula, Cloudflare
- Experience with containers: Docker, ECS, Kubernetes
- Experience administering web services on Linux using Apache, Nginx
- Experience with the integration and customization of the Atlassian Software Development and Collaboration products (Jira, Confluence)
- Experience with high availability and scalability in AWS
- Experience with VMware virtualization products such as ESX or vSphere
- Fluent in Linux administration & shell scripting (BASH), AWS CLI
- Experience with SQL Databases (configuring and maintaining): RDS, MSsql, Postgres DB’s
- Hands on experience with configuration tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Experience and understanding of networking concepts and Internet protocols
- Production experience developing, configuring and supporting monitoring systems, alerting and analytics (e.g., AppD, NewRelic, Nagios, etc)
- Familiar with source control tools GIT
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools (Circle CI and/or Jenkins preferred)
- Proficient in producing technical documentation & architectural diagrams
- Experience in an entrepreneurial environment with a accountability, ownership, and flexibility.
- Strong troubleshooting, Problem Solving, QA skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of an integrated team, as well as independently.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills conducive to team building.
- Effective communication with the local and remote team members
Should you join American Well and the Engineering team, you can expect:
The development organization is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers dedicated to creating a state of the art TeleHealth experience on every platform we can get our hands on. Our crossfunctional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt, and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole American Well organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all of our users.
Whether you’re an advocate for the latest and greatest iOS and Android features, are committed to the ideal back-end architecture, or are dedicated to providing the best web usability, we have a place for you on our team.
Working at American Well:
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Complimentary snacks and drinks