American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in government program management and strategic operations. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Federal Government and Public Sector represent a large stakeholder segment that requires a specialized set of skills and understanding of technology, industry and market dynamics.
The Senior Director, Strategic Operations, Government & Federal will play a critical role in establishing the scalable processes and program management rigor to compliment the management and execution of our digital health and telemedicine programs across government entities, especially within the Defense Health Agency and Veterans Health Administration.
This individual will have an operational focus with the ability to inject a strategic mindset and will think out of the box to develop, document and implement optimal process for our telehealth platform implementation and sustainment within federal and other government accounts. The Senior Dir Strategic Operations Government & Federal will lead, develop, coordinate and execute the overall staffing and scalable implementation strategy for each emergent opportunity as well as relevant internal collaboration and external partnerships as needed to meet client requirements. Additionally, this individual will be instrumental in conducting quarterly business reviews and identifying growth opportunities within each government agency engaged.
Critical elements of the role include superior client development and engagement skills across technical and clinical domain, the capacity to focus on operational excellence, process optimization for technology deployment and driving telehealth platform growth and utilization. Professional Project Management Skills (PMP) should be applied to the development of documentation and processes needed to scale and support a complex set of requirements for digital care delivery with the ability to quantify and articulate compelling value propositions and ROI statements derived from performance and data analysis. An understanding of government cyber security and risk management framework implementation and sustainment requirements is a plus.
In short, our ideal candidate should have a track record of supporting and driving the implementation of complex technical solutions with the government sector for digital care delivery, patient engagement and healthcare transformation. The candidate will have managed diverse teams including technical, clinical, strategic and operational resources to accomplish program goals.
- Support the implementation and operational activities for telehealth platform implementations within the Federal and Government sectors especially within and including DOD/DHA, VA, and IHS.
- Create and execute scalable deployment, change management, training and sustainment plans to address current requirements and anticipated future growth.
- Meet with and establish relationships with customers, partners, clients, and internal SMEs to leverage best practices and lessons learned and establish a scalable implementation and utilization approach for telehealth and digital care services
- Develop and deliver highly polished and effective written and visual presentations and documentation and project deliverables for key operational meetings with clients, partners, prospects and internal stakeholders.
- Recruit and select additional team members as appropriate and justified to meet client requirements and anticipated growth.
- Willingness to travel 20-30%
- 10+ years’ experience in government Project / Program management. Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification highly preferred
- Polished oral and written communications – particularly the ability to develop and articulate compelling, value statements to inspire and drive adoption and utilization of virtual health and telehealth solutions.
- Strong customer interaction, conflict resolution and organizational skills
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to work independently with strong work ethic, committed to meeting the goals of the team and company in a fast-changing industry and business environment
- Rigorous business thinker with the ability both to think strategically and work analytically, including facility with quantitative business and pricing modeling, problem solving, and business planning.
- Creative and inspiring leader and communicator with the ability to generate vision and execute project plans to support customer realization of value.
- Excellent team player, with proven track record, capable of working with and developing both senior and junior colleagues, and able to gain internal support both within our department and with other American Well functional areas
- Ability to juggle and complete multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced, fluid working environment
- Proven track record of managing complex programs to meet government requirements.
- Existing and well-established senior relationships and the ability to quickly develop new and genuine relationships with senior leadership and decision makers within DOD, DHA, VA and other federal agencies to assist in solving critical access and patient engagement requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Familiarity with military and VA hospital operations a strong plus
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Sales Force
- Prior military experience a plus
Should you join American Well and the Government Solutions team, you can expect:
A team that is a fast-paced, dedicated and focused on shaping the present and future of American Well while delivering valuable and transformative solutions to government agencies. We are seeking operational excellence from leaders that are strategic thinkers with strong operational and project management proficiency. Whether whiteboarding new use cases for telehealth or navigating complex technical requirements to support interoperability and cyber security requirements, expect to work closely with our executive team with each day bringing a new set of exciting challenges.
Our team culture is based around senior executive relationships, creative and entrepreneurial business propositions, white glove service, and highly polished written and verbal communications – all focused on developing and maintaining major strategic partnerships with government clients across agencies and departments that complement and extend the scope of our traditional commercial telehealth offerings. Given the size, importance, and innovative nature of such relationships, we collaborate regularly and closely with the functional leadership across the company.
Our current team priorities are centered on developing scalable process to meet current client requirement that can expand to support broad implementations of telehealth and digital care solutions across multiple government agencies and departments as well as the commercial healthcare partners that support their mission.
Working at American Well:
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks