American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in Health Plan Solutions. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Client Account Director will play a critical role in the success of American Well's relationship with assigned clients. The Client Account Director will be assigned a portfolio of select clients, managing and overseeing all facets of the client experience. Success will be measured by new business opportunity development, revenue growth, client satisfaction, optimizing telehealth enrollments and utilization, and the overall financial performance of the client. While managing a high-performing portfolio of clients, the on-going focus of the role will be to strengthen and broaden relationships within each assigned account, at all levels, including senior and executive level leadership to maximize value.
The role requires extensive knowledge of 1) American Well’s product suite, 2) task management around product and services deliverables, 3) execution beyond initial launch of new programs and innovations, 4) account planning and understanding of client’s objectives; 5) identification of new revenue opportunities, 6) product demonstrations and explanation of features and functionality, and 7) internally interfacing and coordinating with business leadership and project, marketing, clinical and product resources to support the client.
Working directly for the President and GM of the Health Plan division, the Client Account Director will be assigned specific accounts, seamlessly interface and gain the trust of clients at all levels, and lead the internal American Well team through implementations, launch, marketing, campaigns, re-selling to client’s employer accounts, and expansion of the existing relationship.
Frequent interaction with the American Well executive sponsor and other American Well leads to keep the entire team apprised of client strategies, goals, objectives, and tactical developments is essential. This key position will be focused on client satisfaction, retention and revenue growth.
While tactically managing the needs of the client on a day to day basis, the Client Account Director will strategize with client account leadership and project/program leads. This will require an understanding of client’s expectations, objectives, initiatives, and opportunities for growth. Additional responsibilities include:
- Up-sell and grow accounts as well as accurately forecast respective opportunities in Sales Force.com based upon realistic assessments.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to develop strategic and tactical plans to achieve desired annual revenue and growth targets.
- Work with client sales support, product management and business development to complete requests for proposals/information in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
- Support and have an understanding for client’s member populations, including Medicaid and Medicare recipients.
- Nurture clients to ensure success, satisfaction and retention.
- Lead presentations and site visits
- Understand American Well’s key differentiators, product strategy, product features and functionality, and their applicability to client’s implementation.
- Work with client employer teams to effectively sell, deploy and implement telehealth at individual employer accounts including delivering product demonstrations, presentations, review of best practices and sharing client success stories.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of the sales process and product and service value propositions.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that reflect the core values of American Well.
- Stay current on changing and evolving telehealth landscape, regulations, and related health plan/payer trends.
- 5-7 years minimum experience and background working specially with health plan organizations.
- Proven track record successfully selling enterprise technology solutions to health plan executives.
- Deep knowledge of the payer/health plan space including reimbursement, health care services delivery, employer and population health and wellness programs, employee benefits.
- Excellent written and presentation skills, including responding to RFIs and RFPs.
- Skilled relationship developer.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Background in product, marketing and/or professional services beneficial.
- Must be comfortable dealing with and managing in an extremely fluid, fast-paced environment.
- BS Degree required.
- Experience selling products and/or services to health plan executives
Should you join American Well and the Health Plan Solutions Account team, you can expect to be a part of a results-driven group of dynamic, passionate individuals, responsible for a significant part of American Well’s overall business and revenue. This is a team of problem solvers and opportunity seekers whose primary goal is exceed our clients’ expectations.
The Health Plan Solutions Account team has the responsibility of inspiring, growing and nurturing the company’s client partners -- assisting in their telehealth strategy, identifying opportunities to further the client’s vision, and to advance their initiatives. They build meaningful relationships with each partner and find joy in contributing to their growth and success. They are our partners’ internal champions, and work tirelessly with a variety of stakeholders to turn vision into reality.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, energetic, never-the-same-day-twice kind of environment, then look no further. If you are a leader and possess problem-solving skills and the ability to see and execute on new opportunities, then American Well is the place for you.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks