American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in engineering. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Network Operations Performance Engineer will play a critical role in the Hosting department. This individual will be responsible for analyzing, maintaining, and reporting the operational performance of the American Well Information Systems Telehealth data network. This position requires an understanding of Information Systems as they relate to the operations, performance, and the growth of the Telehealth environment. The ideal candidate should have a keen ability to listen to directions and follow through on assigned tasks.
Specifically, the Network Operations Performance Engineer will:
- Support management initiatives as they relate to the health and performance of the enterprise
- Trouble reporting systems triage and follow through with appropriate teams
- Create, report, track, and perform root cause analysis (RCA’s) for hosting
- Create, monitor and report SLA performance for all production clients monthly
- Track and report on defects from development
- Create weekly, monthly system performance reports
- Correlate trending of performance issues as they relate to trouble tickets
- Assist C3 with identifying system related issues through alerting and trending
- Handle inter-departmental escalations
- Perform on-call Critsit rotations
- Special projects – may be assigned to improve the operational efficiencies across the hosting operations teams
- Ability to troubleshoot and identify root causes of complex problems from inception through trouble resolution
- Familiar with application support functions
- Experience in trouble resolution within a hosted application environment
- Ability to follow procedures and to identify any issues that need improvement
- Ability to investigate, understand, and document operational processes
- Ability to communicate effectively across various levels of business
- Knowledge of information technologies for IT infrastructure, web, mobility, and Software as a service (SaaS)
- Knowledge of researching and analyzing information security technologies and processes to meet complex business needs
- Analytical Reasoning - Applies research methodologies and statistical analysis to solve problems. Synthesizes and analyzes complex data, information and evidence in order to draw meaningful conclusions
- 3-4 years of relevant work experience required
Should you join American Well and the Hosting team, you can expect:
American Well’s Operations group is a mission-focused technology team made up the best and brightest technical talent. Operating out of our Boston headquarters, our engineers specialize in Information Technology, Cyber Security & Compliance, Hosting Operations, Business Intelligence, Kiosk Operations and Network Engineering. We operate a state of the art Cyber Command Center designed specifically to manage and protect our global telehealth infrastructure.
We leverage the latest technologies including an array of deployment and management tools as well as several cyber threat intelligence networks to keep our systems running smoothly around the clock.
If you enjoy working hard, challenging yourself, and staying at the cutting edge of technology, this is the team for you.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks