American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in Engineering. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most. .
The Senior Software Manager will play a critical role in Engineering Department. Specifically, the Senior Software Manager will help drive execution for the web development team. The right candidate has experience leading teams following the Scrum agile development methodology and is passionate about delivering a quality product on schedule. This position will lead the execution of deliverables for a team of 10-12 Java web developers from planning through release while managing risks and ensuring product quality.
- Manage execution of deliverables for the web development team
- Maintain the release schedule and ensure alignment with other product teams
- Communicate status and schedule to the appropriate stakeholders
- Identify and track project risks and build mitigation strategies
- Lead daily scrums, sprint planning and review meetings
- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading agile software development teams
- Deep understanding of software development, management, and release processes
- Ability to break down complex product requirements into an executable plan
- Strong cross-functional communication skills
- Strong technical understanding of web-based client-server applications
- Details oriented, and results driven
- Strong analytical problems solving skills
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
Should you join American Well and the Engineering team, you can expect:
The development organization is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers dedicated to creating a state of the art TeleHealth experience on every platform we can get our hands on. Our crossfunctional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt, and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole American Well organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all of our users.
Whether you’re an advocate for the latest and greatest iOS and Android features, are committed to the ideal back-end architecture, or are dedicated to providing the best web usability, we have a place for you on our team.
Working at American Well:
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks