American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in sales. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Vice President of Channel Management will play a critical role in the Sales department. Specifically, the VP of Channel Management will play an important role in managing and expanding strategic partnerships, defining business goals, operationalization of joint sales and marketing programs, managing pipelines, as well as acting as the partner SME within American Well. The primary initial focus of the role will be to lead the launch of existing partnership, through execution on revenue generating opportunities. The role will quickly expand to working with the Corporate Development and Sales team to expand the business opportunities with these partners.
- Manage partnership programs with American Well key strategic partners
- Develop go-to-market and execution plans for current partnerships – joint marketing plans, management of pipelines, partner training
- Develop marketing material and pricing for joint partner offerings.
- Work with Sales and Marketing to identify and support opportunities relevant to both existing clients and prospects
- Write proposals and presentations for prospect and clients
- Knowledge of the healthcare marketplace - specific understanding of payer/care management companies, hospitals, and/or providers/physicians
- Ability to manage multiple channel partners, coordinate sales forces, manage a pipeline of revenue generating opportunities.
- Technology background preferred
- Thorough experience in working with partners and customers – from initial contract to closing partnership agreements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to pitch strategic visions and opportunities
- Track record and desire to work as part of high-performing team
- Self-motivator with a creative, innovative mind
- 6-10 years’ experience, including 4+ years of sales or business development in the healthcare IT market
- Proven track record of channel management with resellers and VARs
- Proven track record of managing partner sales and marketing programs.
- Comfortable dealing with and managing in an extremely fluid, fast-paced environment
- BA/BS Degree required. MBA Degree or other relevant advanced degree preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
Should you join American Well and the Sales team, you can expect:
The Customer Solutions Sales organization is a highly motivated team on the front lines of an emerging and dynamic industry. This group of individuals are responsible for inspiring new clients – sharing the value and impact of telehealth. They bring a solutions approach to each new client including understanding vision and corporate objectives and helping shape go-to-market use cases.
The Sales team is constantly acquiring new knowledge to share with clients on best practices, value drivers, and trends affecting the healthcare industry. The teams main goal is to develop relationships and ultimately, drive revenue that fuels American Well’s growth and continued innovation.
Working at American Well:
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks