American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in Product Management. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to help us deliver on our bold mission. If you want to change the way healthcare is delivered… if you have an opinion on whether shipping is more important than perfection… if you’ve geeked out on the possibilities of telehealth or how the storm of new virtual care delivery models can transform the way patients receive care… if you’re looking for an opportunity to build world-class enterprise telehealth products… then this is the job for you!
What will you be doing? You will help drive our acute care clinical product line, guiding its future and extending our market leadership. You’ll be responsible for researching and deeply understanding customer needs, helping to define and prioritize the roadmap, and delivering products to market. You will also have the opportunity to help manage and evolve our processes around how we deliver product to market.
Our current product team is awesome at:
- Product management. We’re not talking about “agile product owner” nonsense. We mean real product management work where we drive business results that matter.
- Being obsessively customer focused.
- Delivering an amazing user experience.
- Getting product to market. We mean really fast.
- Forget scrum, XP, Kanban, whatever. We have our own unique flavor of agile. And it totally works.
- Driving revenue and ROI. We’re not sales, marketing or customer success. But make no mistake: We Drive The Business.
Who are we looking for?
- A strong, proactive leader with a bias for action, capable of establishing a shared vision by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution, and autonomously driving multiple projects in parallel.
- We value Product Managers who want to sit with our customers and truly understand their world, and also sit with the developers and dig into the details as owners of the specific product or feature.
- Someone who has an innate ability to simplify complex and technical concepts, and to plan, prioritize and seamlessly integrate all moving parts in order to release high-quality products.
We need a Product Manager. Not a project manager. Not a program manager. Not a business systems analyst or IT manager or scrum master or UX designer or product marketer or anyone who is not specifically a product manager. We need someone who KNOWS how to get customer insights, build and sell a roadmap, and get products to market to deliver real business results.
Is this job for you? It could be, if:
- You’re a “product person”. If you’re not sure what that means, this probably won’t be a good fit for you.
- You can do strategic and hands-on work. All of us contribute as individuals. Yes, we create product strategy and define roadmaps. We also roll up our sleeves and get in the trenches with our engineering and customer teams. If you’re looking to manage a team day 1 or do lots of powerpoint, this won’t be the right fit for you.
- You’re comfortable in a fast paced environment. If you’re not comfortable in an environment where change is constant, if you value fancy desks and a predictable work schedule, you won’t be happy here.
- You want to be at the ground level. This is an opportunity to work in a fast-growing and highly competitive market on major business challenges with some of the biggest health systems in the country. You’ll have the support of passionate, experienced co-workers. Our biggest challenges lie ahead of us and you’ll play a key role in finding and delivering answers.
If you are a decisive, self-directed problem solver who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment, and is up for the challenge of working with the best product team in the world, then we want to talk to you!
Product Strategy & Roadmap:
- Develop the product strategy and roadmap for your domain to bring the best solutions to market. Ensure the roadmap aligns with the overall product portfolio and company vision.
- Evangelize the product strategy and roadmap constantly so all stakeholders are aligned, have context, and understand where we are going and why.
- Define business cases for product enhancements/features and new opportunities. Present and obtain buy-in from senior product and executive leadership.
- Own and prioritize the roadmap of features and enhancements for your product area. Advocate within the company for your product area.
- Be the expert on your customers, market, domain and trends. Interact with customers and utilize data to identify customer needs opportunities.
- Represent the customer in all things. Be the champion and voice of customers. Bring the customer's voice into everything you do.
- Investigate and analyze requests from customers, internal stakeholders and partners.
- Define requirements for product enhancements/features, and work with our design and engineering teams to deliver the best customer experience possible and help achieve business goals.
- Prioritize and manage your product backlog. Partner with Visual Design and Engineering in an agile framework to bring winning solutions to market.
- Facilitate cross-functional communication and execution throughout the product development process.
- Work with Product Marketing to create product positioning and value propositions that enable us to sell and differentiate American Well’s solution against the competition.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for internal teams that have product questions, feature requests, and other product related needs.
- Manage and evolve our day to day product delivery operations.
- Some travel (~10%).
Qualifications and Desired Profile:
The ideal candidate must be a collaborative, high energy, strategic leader with a strong sense of urgency and a performance based track record of driving product growth and experience with managing agile product development processes. A driven self-starter with high initiative and confidence.
- 5+ years of enterprise/commercial product management experience, especially with an enterprise SaaS product.
- Leadership DNA – proven ability to set a product vision, excite, and lead a cross-functional team to execute.
- Creative and analytical thinker who thrives on solving challenging problems.
- Proven ability to transform market needs into a successful product strategy.
- Understanding of business strategy and metrics.
- Obsessively customer-driven with strong customer discovery and problem validation skills.
- Passion for building engaging user experiences to ensure features drive high adoption and customer enthusiasm.
- Ability to hold your own in usability/UX discussions with Visual Design and technical architecture discussions with Engineering. Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, translate to customer and business implications, manage tradeoffs and facilitate decision-making.
- Experience presenting to and influencing executive leadership.
- Able to manage multiple competing priorities and projects in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Ability to quickly prioritize requirements and initiatives to drive revenue.
- Able to make decisions and facilitate decision making leveraging data wherever possible.
- Able to lead and work autonomously.
- Comfort with ambiguity and execution in rapidly changing environment with competing and shifting priorities.
- Proven experience with agile and lean methodologies.
- Experience implementing, managing and evolving product development processes and is highly desired.
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- You stay up to date with the latest product management and agile trends.
- Experience managing software products in the healthcare space a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Working at American Well:
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Complimentary snacks and drinks