American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Finance Manager. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis, the Finance Manager will play a critical role in partnering with functional leadership of the business to provide insights, analysis and communicate the overall business strategy. Specifically, the Finance Manager will:
- Partner with business unit Executives on annual budgeting, forecasting, and P&L
- Analysis on financial and operational results to better understand company performance
- Communicate to senior management the reasons behind product/department performance and results
- Create impactful reporting and thought leadership on levers and options in decision making
- Work closely with the VP, FP&A to formulate American Well’s medium to long term financial and strategic plan
- Drive process improvements
- Manage a team of Financial Analysts
- 7-10 years in Financial Planning & Analysis with a track record of career progression
- 2+ years experience managing teams
- Understanding of Key Performance Indicators
- Able to work through ambiguity to solve complex problems
- Experience with advanced financial modeling
- Comfortable with preparing Board of Directors level Powerpoint Presentations
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Graduate degree (MBA, MFA, etc.) preferred
Should you join American Well and the Accounting and Finance team, you can expect:
Accounting and Finance is a service-oriented organization that is responsible for supporting the company's operations in all aspects of its business. We have deployed sophisticated enterprise resource planning solutions across the company in order to support the company’s growth to deliver actionable information to all stakeholders. The Accounting and Finance team is made up of dedicated professional team members.
Our day to day work involves dealing with complex accounting and tax matters and building sophisticated financial models to support key company decisions including cost-benefit and ROI models. Our organization is charged with the month-end close, financial reporting and analysis, tax compliance and planning, customer claims processing and management, customer invoicing, payroll, financial systems.
If you wish to join a collaborative organization that works hard but has fun this is the place for you!
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks