American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in Engineering. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Systems Engineer will play a critical role in the Hosting Department. The Systems Engineer will contribute guidance and technical expertise while helping to support our production systems. This position is located at our main office in Boston. Specifically, the Systems Engineer will:
- Support production systems hosted on platforms such as ESXi, AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Evaluate new products, tools, and infrastructure platforms
- Help to ensure compliance with security and data handling policies to meet PCI, HIPAA, and other standards
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Collaborate with multiple teams to ensure the availability and security of our production environments
- Participate in 24/7 call rotation and occasional overnight work
- 3 or more years of experience managing Linux based systems
- Prior experience working in a production web hosting operations team
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with virtualization platforms such as ESXi and AWS
- Knowledge of log collection solutions, preferably Elasticsearch
- Solid foundation of TCP/IP networking concepts
- Knowledge of configuration management tools such as Puppet and Ansible
- Understanding of storage concepts such as LVM, block devices, and shared file systems
- Technical and non-technical communication skills
Should you join American Well and the Hosting team, you can expect:
American Well’s Operations group is a mission-focused technology team made up the best and brightest technical talent. Operating out of our Boston headquarters, our engineers specialize in Information Technology, Cyber Security & Compliance, Hosting Operations, Business Intelligence, Kiosk Operations, and Network Engineering. We operate a state-of-the-art Cyber Command Center designed specifically to manage and protect our global telehealth infrastructure.
We leverage the latest technologies including an array of deployment and management tools as well as several cyber threat intelligence networks to keep our systems running smoothly around the clock.
If you enjoy working hard, challenging yourself, and staying at the cutting edge of technology, this is the team for you.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks