QA Automation Engineer
American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in Quality Assurance. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The QA Automation Engineer will play a critical role in the Engineering department, located at our office in Reston, VA, and reporting to the QA Manager. Specifically, the QA Automation Engineer will:
- Write effective testing tools to test complex, large-scale, distributed systems
- Use a development centric approach to achieve quality (e.g., build tools with code and use scripting wherever possible) to test frontend and backend systems.
- Work closely with Engineering and Product Management to understand user needs and to develop and adhere to QA processes and guidelines
- Interact directly with customers including running user testing groups to ensure we deeply understand their needs and how they use the solutions and incorporate these findings into our processes and strategies
- Continuously improve our QA processes and approach including frequent reviews of new approaches and techniques
- Establish quality metrics and improve our continuous integration pipeline, testing patterns and techniques
- 1+ years experience using and writing tools to test frontend and backend systems
- 1+ years’ experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer with a strong knowledge of test methodologies and software release cycles
- QA expertise with SaaS web solutions, distributed services, mobile applications and/or products
- Hands-on experience with Linux
- Proficient in creating and executing test plans based on the understanding of feature goals, software architecture and how our customers use the solutions
- Experience with automating testing tools, such as Selenium Webdriver and/or PhantomJS
- Experience with Sauce Labs
- Experience creating and maintaining test scripts
- Able to work independently and drive results in a fast-pace Agile environment
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Experience in healthcare preferred
Should you join American Well and the Engineering team, you can expect:
The development organization is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers dedicated to creating a state of the art TeleHealth experience on every platform we can get our hands on. Our cross functional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt, and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole American Well organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all of our users.
Whether you’re an advocate for the latest and greatest iOS and Android features, are committed to the ideal back-end architecture, or are dedicated to providing the best web usability, we have a place for you on our team.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks