American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in Account Management. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Account Director, Health Systems will play a critical role in for the success of American Well's relationship with assigned client accounts. Success will be measured by client growth, client satisfaction, optimizing telehealth enrollments and utilization, and the financial performance of the overall contract. The primary initial focus of the role will be to develop relationships with assigned client health system leaders and decision makers within existing clients in order to successfully expand utilization of American Well's products and services.
The role requires extensive task management around deliverables, execution of deployment/new launches, account planning, product demonstrations and explanation of features and functionality, internally interfacing and coordinating with project, marketing, clinical and product resources to support the client. In addition, the Account Director Health System, Provider Solutions will be responsible for consultative selling and understanding new services requirements and needs.
The Account Director, Health Systems will be assigned specific client accounts, seamlessly interface and gain the trust of clients at all levels, and lead the internal American Well team through implementations, launch, marketing, campaigns, re-selling to client’s employer accounts, and expansion of the existing relationship.
Frequent interaction with the American Well executive sponsor and other American Well leads to keep the entire team apprised of client strategies, goals, objectives, and tactical developments is essential. This key position will be focused on client satisfaction and revenue growth. This revenue growth will be accomplished by expanding awareness, adoption and utilization of the company’s existing products and services within assigned health system client organizations and by identifying new opportunities for growth and expansion. Specifically, the Account Director, Health Systems will:
- Strategize with client account leads on a weekly basis on all opportunities to ensure solutions are being effectively sold; accurately forecast respective opportunities based upon realistic assessments
- Collaborate with the internal and external assigned client teams to develop a strategic and tactical plan to achieve the desired annual revenue targets
- Work with client sales support, product management and business development to complete request for proposals/information in a timely, accurate and professional manner
- Effectively implement and nurture clients to ensure optimal performance and success
- Understand client’s business objectives and vision; sharing those objectives with the American Well team
- Deep understanding of American Well’s product and specifically how it is implemented and intended to be used by the client
- Provide input and suggestions to product development teams based on client feedback
- Lead presentations and site visits to prepare for and conduct client, channels, and executive site visit/presentations
- Demonstrate clear understanding of the sales process and product and service value propositions
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that reflect the core values of American Well
- Develop specific plans on how to develop new relationships
- Demonstrate service excellence
- 30-35% travel required
- A background in working for or with health system leaders, including regulatory and reimbursement knowledge
- Excellent presentation skills
- Skilled relationship developer
- Possess strong planning and organization skills,
- Background in account management, product and/or professional services
- Comfortable dealing with and managing in an extremely fluid, fast-paced environment
- BS Degree required. 5-10 years’ prior experience working with or for health systems. Ideal candidate will have sold technology products or related services to health system executives
- A solid background in healthcare is a must
Should you join American Well and the Account Management team, you can expect:
Account Management is a results-driven group of dynamic individuals, responsible for client satisfaction, program execution, client growth, and revenue generation. This is a team of problem solvers whose first goal is to ensure that American Well lives by the established mission and quality standards set forth in our commitments to our client partners.
The Account Management team has the responsibility of inspiring, growing and nurturing the company’s client partners -- assisting in their telehealth strategy, identifying opportunities to further the client’s vision, and to advance their initiatives. They build meaningful relationships with each partner and find joy in contributing to their growth and success. They are our partners’ internal champions, and work tirelessly with a variety of internal colleagues to turn vision into reality.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, energetic, never-the-same-day-twice kind of environment, then look no further. If you possess leadership and problem-solving skills, political and healthcare savvy, and a serious understanding of the corporate communications needed to speak with all levels of an organization, then American Well is the place for you.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks