American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in Mobile Engineering. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The SDET for Mobile Platforms will play a critical role in the Engineering department. This individual will be responsible for ensuring the quality of American Well’s native white-labelled and custom branded apps.
- Drive an automation-focused test strategy for Android and iOS native mobile apps
- Responsible for white box, black box, unit, integration and functional testing
- Design, develop, maintain and execute automation scripts
- Own and maintain the CI process
- Creation and tracking of bugs in the issue tracking system
- Interact with other engineers, communicating technical concepts and challenges and soliciting input from other teams including QA, Development, and Product Management
- Strong Java programming skills with a solid understanding of OOP concepts
- 5+ years of test automation experience
- Extensive experience with test automation frameworks like Espresso, XCUITest, etc.
- Strong experience with bug reporting and source control tools such as JIRA and Git
- Successfully delivered 2+ mobile apps in the App Stores (Android/iOS)
- Strong knowledge of CI using Bamboo
- Experience with Android Studio, Xcode, Swift and Appium
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly energetic, responsible, organized, self-disciplined, self-motivated, able to work with little or no supervision
Should you join American Well and the Engineering team, you can expect:
The development organization is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers dedicated to creating a state of the art TeleHealth experience on every platform we can get our hands on. Our cross-functional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt, and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole American Well organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all of our users.
Whether you’re an advocate for the latest and greatest iOS and Android features, are committed to the ideal back-end architecture, or are dedicated to providing the best web usability, we have a place for you on our team.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks