American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional QA Manager. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The QA Manager will play a critical role in QA department. Specifically, the QA Manager will be charged with coordinating and driving testing efforts of QA team. In this role, you will also function as a leader, providing guidance to QA engineers, as well as interfacing with other development and QA managers to coordinate related testing activities.
- Manage the daily workload of the QA team
- Coordinate development and maintenance of testing framework
- Define testing strategy and plans
- Establish test coverage metrics and tracking
- Research and implement testing and analysis tools, promote best practices
- Actively participate in Agile development process, review test plans, define approach and determine the efforts
- Provide leadership and technical guidance to QA engineers to ensure high quality deliverables
- Coordinate the communication of key quality indicators throughout the testing lifecycle
- Collect test data and report on test results. Collaborate with other QA and Development teams on product test planning and organization
- Coordinate with Development and QA managers to address identified quality issues
- Regularly report on progress to the Engineering group leadership
- Manage the job performance of QA team members – 1:1 meetings, annual performance reviews, career and skill growth plans
- 7+ years of QA experience
- Minimum 5 years of QA management experience
- Experience in defining and implementing testing frameworks across multiple platforms
- Experience managing a team using Agile Scrum methodology
- Experience developing test plans, test matrices, and schedules
- Knowledge of modern test solutions and tools
- Excellent mentorship and guidance skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to drive team collaboration
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science/Engineering
Should you join American Well and the Quality Assurance team, you can expect:
Two words come to mind when you’re thinking about American Well QA organization - Quality and Passion.
Working in close collaboration with multiple teams, ranging from development to product management to visual design, we’re on the cutting edge of software technology, making a history in HealthCare.
The crew of highly enthusiastic professionals provides 360⁰ product quality coverage: functionality, performance, scalability, high availability, usability, security and many other aspects of testing required to create a world-class Telehealth Platform.
Working in Agile environment, with particular focus on automation, we’re examining all system components that include but not limited to: web, mobile, back-end, integration.
If you’re energetic, forward-thinking individual, as passionate about the quality as we are, dreaming about making the world a better place, American Well QA team will be delighted to see you joining its ranks.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks