American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in Health System Sales. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Regional Sales Director will play a critical role in the Sales department and is needed to evangelize, inspire and create revenue opportunities in assigned territory. They will be responsible for representing all facets of American Well’s telehealth solution, services and vision to large health delivery/hospital systems.
The Regional Sales Director will have a deep understanding of the healthcare space, particularly selling to hospital/health system executives. In addition, the ideal candidate will possess skills necessary to work alongside clinical staff to best position and incorporate telehealth across the health system’s enterprise. This will require a good sense for hospital/clinical workflow, care delivery models, provider access, and understanding the relationship between provider and patient.
Specifically, the Regional Sales Director will:
- Generate new product/services revenue.
- Build, maintain and manage a sales pipeline and forecast necessary to achieve sales objectives and achieve revenue goals.
- Position yourself as the matter expert, focal point, and key conduit between American Well and your prospect.
- Confidently and credibly present product solutions, product presentations, demonstrations, conference calls, technical discussions/due diligence, executive discussions, web seminars and related sales activities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with purchasing contacts including assisting with the internal management and development of contractual documents.
- Prepare, present and coordinate product proposals, RFIs, RFPs and related sales documents.
- Manage and coordinate account hand-off to professional services and account management staff including early and easy transition to project management staff.
- Coordinate all sales activities with Inside Sales Director on account status, follow up activities, leads to pursue, product literature, outcome, win-loss, and related sales support tasks.
- Track record and experience selling innovative solutions to provider practices, health delivery and/or hospital systems.
- Solution sales background and experience with EMR/Practice Management tools, provider software, and similar is a must
- Deep understanding of provider/health system space
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple prospects simultaneously
- Sales pipeline and forecasting process to meet revenue goals
- Ability to present/communicate to c-levels hospital staff and medical/clinical staff
- Flexible, adaptable style with ability to quickly change direction based on company growth, changing marketing conditions, and product evolution
- Excellent interpersonal, public presentation, written and communication skills
- Strong relationship building and coaching skills
- Experience demonstrating PC based software products
- Clinical background plus; Hospital/administration background bonus
- Understands hospital/health system work flow
- Ability to manage from lead to contract close
- BS/BA in business, healthcare, computer science or equivalent
- 7-10 years’ experience in sales of healthcare enterprise software products selling directly to providers/physicians
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office: Windows, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of sales contact (CRM) database(s) with the ability to maintain contacts, updates and progress electronically
- Up to 50% overnight travel required
- Willing to work unpredictable hours and work against deadlines
- Over-achiever with a consistent track record of annual quota/revenue achievement
- Ability to work from home.
Should you join American Well and the Sales team, you can expect:
The Provider Solutions Sales organization is a highly motivated team on the front lines of an emerging and dynamic industry. This group of individuals are responsible for inspiring new clients – sharing the value and impact of telehealth. They bring a solutions approach to each new client including understanding vision and corporate objectives and helping shape go-to-market use cases.
The Sales team is constantly acquiring new knowledge to share with clients on best practices, value drivers, and trends affecting the healthcare industry. The team’s main goal is to develop relationships and ultimately drive revenue that fuels American Well’s growth and continued innovation.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans