American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in customer support. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Support Specialist will play a critical role in the Customer Support department. Each Support Specialist serves as the point of contact supporting the American Well platform for our customers, client providers and staff, and partners. This role involves troubleshooting and resolving complex issues in a timely manner via email and collaborating with internal teams to provide outstanding support to our clients.
We are a 24/7/365 team, including nights, weekends, and most holidays, to ensure our patients and providers receive the support they need. Specialists will be expected to commit to an unconventional schedule, including at least one weekend day per shift.
All shifts will also require availability for about two months of training and shadowing during 9:00 am to 5:00 pm business hours, and weekly availability to visit the office during those hours for further training, meetings, and company events. Specifically, the Support Specialist will:
- Provide technical and account support for clients and the users via email
- Ensure an excellent support experience for our clients by meeting all applicable metrics and goals.
- Participate in the support team on-call rotation on nights and weekends to provide support outside of business hours and improve response time
- Accurately document requests while adhering to Support protocols
- Develop documentation and training materials for internal teams and our clients
- Collaborate with internal teams to troubleshoot and make improvements on products and processes
- Other special projects as they arise
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-2 years of experience in a customer-facing environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced, interrupt-prone environments
- Able to quickly diagnose, resolve, and effectively communicate technical issues to a diverse audience
- Motivated and capable of working independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and use critical thinking and problem solving to troubleshoot complex support issues.
- Experience providing technical support for web-based and mobile app software preferred
- Prior experience in a client-facing environment preferred
Should you join American Well and the Customer Support team, you can expect:
The Customer Support Team is a growing organization within American Well. This team exhibits excellent communication skills with all levels of management, excels at multi-tasking and displays A+ problem solving skills.
Lead by the Director of Customer Support, the Customer Support Specialists tasks change daily as our product evolves. Working closely with internal teams, as well as with external clients and patients, trouble shooting is a large part of this role. As the department expands, the opportunities for specialized roles are developed from within.
Telehealth is a new, exciting and evolving technology, changing the healthcare world. If you are passionate about healthcare, and would like to be surrounded by energetic, innovative team members…. We can’t wait to meet you!
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks