Senior Purchasing Specialist
American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in engineering. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Senior Purchasing Specialist plays a critical role in the Device Operations department. This individual contributor position is responsible for the creation and execution of purchase orders for the procurement of goods, services and supplies. Can work independently to negotiate favorable terms, volume discounts, and long-term contracts with suppliers. Develops cost containment initiatives and provide continuous maintenance of processes and systems in support of procurement needs.
- Responsible for purchasing of products, materials, and logistics.
- Maintain supplier development including on-going supplier feedback, supplier scorecard implementation, and supplier corrective action processes with supply base rationalization.
- Arrange transportation for Inbound Material and Direct Shipments.
- Plan, develop, and maintain procedures to maintain control of material ordered, received, issued, and disposed of and/or recycled
- Responsible for keeping purchase order cost up to date on vendors and notifying.
- Prepare new product codes, item classes, and product lines in ERP.
- Confer with suppliers concerning late deliveries.
- Relevant purchasing experience including MRP demand via computerized purchasing systems.
- Understand expediting orders, quotations, back orders, scope changes.
- Knowledge of purchasing practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of Work in Progress, physical inventory and on-hand inventory balances.
- Knowledge of materials, products and the commodity market in area of specialization.
- Ability to read Bills of Materials and pull inventory components for production orders
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 -5 years of relevant work experience
- Highly proficient / advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Strong organizational skills
- Proactive with ability to succeed in a dynamic environment
Should you join American Well and the Hardware team, you can expect:
American Well’s Hardware Engineering group is a mission-focused technology team made up the best and brightest technical talent. Operating out of our office in Reston, VA, our engineers specialize in electrical, mechanical, firmware, software, and embedded systems design and development. We design, develop, and test cutting-edge telehealth products in a fast-paced interdisciplinary team.
Our mission is to transform healthcare and to be the premier distributor of provider services by creating and operationalizing devices that enable consumption of telemedicine, deliver an awesome user experience and capture exceptional business value
If you enjoy working hard, challenging yourself, and staying at the cutting edge of technology, this is the team for you.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks