American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in Sales. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Director, Health Plan Sales will play a critical role in the Sales department. Specifically, the Director, Health Plan Sales will motivate, identify and create new health plan business revenue opportunities in the US. This position requires a high-energy, well-rounded sales leader who can contribute to growing a sales team while effectively pursuing new business opportunities.
A strong background in healthcare sales, preferably with health plans, is critical. The highly consultative position requires a polished individual who can articulate vision, convincing present value, and has depth and breadth specific to healthcare service delivery. Experience with demonstrating value and differentiators, member engagement, employee and member benefits, and taking new products to market are essential in order to work alongside prospective clients in their acquisition and deployment of telehealth.
Along with identifying and developing new sales opportunities, the selected leader will have a deep understanding in operating/contributing to a high-performance sales team including: lead generation and qualification, pipeline and opportunity management, proposal and presentation best practices, and managing overall opportunities from qualification to close. A proven track record in growing revenue, working collaboratively with internal business partners, and successfully driving results on a quarterly basis is essential.
- Deep experience with forecasting/pipeline management (process and methodology to accurately forecast), preferably with SalesForce.com
- Excellent communicator — with strong interpersonal, C-Suite presentations, written and communication skills, to both clinical and business stakeholders
- Can develop and manage multi-million-dollar sales opportunities
- Specific understanding of payer/care management companies and related healthcare landscape
- Ability to communicate business & outcome value of technology solutions, specific experience with telemedicine and telehealth products a bonus
- BS/BA in business, healthcare, computer science or equivalent, advance degree a bonus
- 7-10 years’ experience in sales of healthcare enterprise software
- Documented track record of selling large, enterprise-wide, complex technology deals
- Documented record of meeting and exceeding multi-million dollar annual quota
- Approximately 35% overnight travel required
- Compensation: commensurate with experience and includes a competitive base salary, commission structure and equity program.
Should you join American Well and the Sales team, you can expect:
Joining a focused and highly motivated Health Plan team on the front lines of an emerging and dynamic industry. This group of individuals are responsible for inspiring new clients – sharing the value and impact of telehealth. They bring a solutions approach to each new client including understanding vision and corporate objectives and helping shape go-to-market use cases.
The Sales team is constantly acquiring new knowledge to share with clients on best practices, value drivers, and trends affecting the healthcare industry. The teams main goal is to develop relationships and ultimately, drive revenue that fuels American Well’s growth and continued innovation.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks