American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in database administration. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Database Administrator will play a critical role in the deployment and management of Oracle Databases supporting American Well telehealth installations. Specifically, the Database Administrator will:
- Manage Oracle databases supporting a 24/7 SaaS environment
- Support replication solutions such as Data Guard and Golden Gate
- Plan and install upgrades and patches
- Work with development team for performance improvement
- Document new systems and processes
- Identify and address increases in system resource requirements
- Ensure strict compliance with regulations such as HIPAA and PCI
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation
- 3+ years experience managing Oracle RAC Database clusters on ASM
- Comfortable working with Red Hat Linux
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve database and performance issues
- Familiar with writing and debugging SQL queries and PL/SQL packages
- Competent in a scripting language such as Bash, Perl, or Python
- Able to adapt to new goals and juggle multiple assignments
- MongoDB, SQL Server and Postgres experience a plus
Please note, this position sits on site from our Boston office location.
Should you join American Well and the Hosting team, you can expect:
American Well’s Operations group is a mission-focused technology team made up the best and brightest technical talent. Operating out of our Boston headquarters, our engineers specialize in Information Technology, Cyber Security & Compliance, Hosting Operations, Business Intelligence, Kiosk Operations and Network Engineering. We operate a state of the art Cyber Command Center designed specifically to manage and protect our global telehealth infrastructure.
We leverage the latest technologies including an array of deployment and management tools as well as several cyber threat intelligence networks to keep our systems running smoothly around the clock. If you enjoy working hard, challenging yourself, and staying at the cutting edge of technology, this is the team for you.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks