American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Billing Specialist. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Billing Specialist will play a critical role in Customer Support team, serving as our subject matter expert on eligibility, health plan information, and client billing issues. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Support, this role involves troubleshooting and resolving complex issues in a timely manner via email and collaborating with internal teams to provide outstanding support to our clients.
• Provide technical and billing support for clients and their users via email
• Ensure an excellent support experience for our clients by meeting all applicable metrics and goals.
• Accurately document requests while adhering to Support protocols
• Develop documentation and training materials for internal teams and our clients
• Collaborate with internal teams to troubleshoot and make improvements on products and processes
• Troubleshoot client and patient health plan coverage issues and escalate to appropriate teams when necessary
• Troubleshoot eligibility transactions and develop deep understanding x12 transactions including 270 requests and 271 responses
• Develop strong understanding of all aspects of health plan coverage information
• Other special projects as they arise
• 2-3+ years of experience in a customer-facing environment
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently in fast-paced, interruption-prone environments
• Able to quickly diagnose, resolve, and effectively communicate technical issues to a diverse audience
• Motivated and capable of working independently with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and use critical thinking and problem solving to troubleshoot complex support issues.
• Prior experience with health plan eligibility and claims preferred
• Prior experience in a client-facing environment preferred Bachelor's degree preferred
Should you join American Well and the Customer Support team, you can expect:
The Support team is a growing organization within American Well. This team exuberates excellent communication skills with all levels of management, excels at multi-tasking and displays A+ problem-solving skills. The Eligibility and Billing Specialist is a new role on the Support team, which provides the opportunity to help shape and mold the way this role progresses. Additional responsibilities are available as the individual masters current workload, and there is potential for growth.
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks