American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in customer support. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Call Center Operations Lead will play a key role on the Customer Support team, assisting with oversight of our third-party vendor. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Customer Support, this individual will own the day-to-day management of our call center relationship, collaborating with our vendor’s leadership and internal American Well teams to deliver an outstanding support experience for our clients and patients Specifically, the Operations Lead will:
- Ensure an excellent support experience for our clients by meeting all assigned metrics and goals.
- Accurately handling requests while adhering to Support processes and policies.
- Collaborate with internal teams to troubleshoot and make improvements on products and processes.
- Perform weekly QA on L1 agent phone calls and emails
- Primary point of contact for our L1 partner
- Deliver feedback regarding agent improvement
- Manage agent accounts
- Deliver updates to partner
- Develop and deliver training materials for agents
- Manage daily & weekly call center reporting
- Other special projects as they arise
- 2+ years of experience partnering with an external call center vendor
- 3+ years of experience on a customer support team, preferable in a SaaS organization
- Ability to work in fast-paced, interruption-prone environments
- Able to quickly diagnose, resolve, and effectively communicate technical issues to a diverse audience
- Motivated and capable of working independently with minimal supervision
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Experience developing training modules preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Should you join American Well and the Customer Support team, you can expect:
The Customer Support Team is a growing organization within American Well. This team exuberates excellent communication skills with all levels of management, excels at multi-tasking and displays A+ problem solving skills.
The Call Center Operations Lead is a new role on the Support team, which provides the opportunity to help shape and mold the way this role progresses. Additional responsibilities are available as the individual masters current workload, and there is potential for growth.
Telehealth is a new, exciting and evolving technology, changing the healthcare world. If you are passionate about healthcare, and would like to be surrounded by energetic, innovative team members…. We can’t wait to meet you!
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks