American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in clinical services. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Clinical Coordinator will play a key role in the Clinical Services department, by implementing and executing projects that will enhance the range of telemedicine services offered by American Well. As a critical member of the Clinical Services team, you will work closely with the Clinical Programs, Clinical Operations, and Clinical Quality teams within the department to implement services that expand the range and scope of our clinical offerings.
Specifically, the Clinical Coordinator will:
- Assist clinical and administrative staff in day to day activities of the Online Care Group (OCG) and Clinical Services Division
- Support lab ordering process, including reviewing all lab reports, operationalizing the patient response process and ensuring that all lab results are reported to each patient
- Coordinate care management services with patients, including prior authorization requests, support for follow-up appointments, post visit education, etc.
- Ensure the seamless coordination of care by communicating directly with the OCG Provider, the patient’s Primary Care Provider (PCP), Specialists and/or with other OCG providers
- Audit Visit Notes for specific clinical documentation required to meet medical necessity criteria and communicate with providers or external facilities as needed
- Support population health programs including disease management activities
- Other related duties may be assigned
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience within a physician practice
- Education: Associate degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- A process oriented individual, with a tireless focus on quality of output and throughput
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to problem solve with minimal supervision
- Ability to clearly and consistently work side-by-side with a broad range of functions to achieve objectives
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communications skills, both oral and written
- Knowledge of medical terminology
Should you join American Well and the Clinical Services team, you will support the Online Care Group:
The Online Care Group (OCG) is a physician-owned and operated medical practice. OCG is dedicated to the practice of telehealth, delivering high quality healthcare to patients on a secure, HIPAA compliant, video-based platform. In addition to urgent care, OCG also manages a national behavioral health practice, which includes therapy and psychiatry, as well as a nutrition practice staffed by registered dieticians and a Breastfeeding support practice. The Online Care Group practices across all 50 states - 24 hours/day, 365 days/year.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks