American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in marketing. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Senior Associate, Social Media will play a critical role in the Marketing department. We are seeking a self-directed Social Media Manager who can enhance the brands that we work with and build strong online communities through social platforms. You will own all social media channels and own building out accounts for both Amwell (American Well’s direct to consumer brand), as well as for our clients. You’ll serve as a key stakeholder on marketing campaigns, collaborating closely with other Marketing teams (Acquisition, Engagement/Retention), Content, and Design.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the social media landscape with a clear track record of driving engagement and brand affinity. He or she is strategic and analytical, comfortable using data to inform decisions but also highly creative and resourceful. He or she will be an excellent communicator with strong, succinct writing skills, able to easily and authentically adopt a brand's voice. You'll be expected to work independently and proactively, able to work within an entrepreneurial environment and support multiple projects at once.
As a Senior Associate, Social Media, you’ll be responsible for working with our clients to develop social media strategy and execute to drive user acquisition and retention for their telehealth platform. You’ll be managing social media budgets for clients that include health plans, health systems, and innovative pharmaceutical companies. Specifically, the Senior Associate, Social Media will:
- Define and drive the strategy to grow audiences and engagement for Amwell and client accounts on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, and other emerging channels, with a tailored approach for each.
- Create engaging, clickable, shareable social content that encourages virality and ensures the Amwell and client brand remains a top-of-mind source for convenient, high-quality medical care.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with partners in other Marketing teams (Acquisition, Engagement/Retention), Content, and Design.
- Determine, monitor, and report on all social channel goals. Apply data-driven insights to optimize each channel strategy accordingly.
- Report results to clients and client marketing managers on an ongoing basis.
- Develop the brand voice on social media and ensure consistency, in collaboration with Copy Editor.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of social platform and tool trends.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2+ years of experience in a related role managing social channels at a consumer-facing company or in an agency with a strong portfolio.
- Demonstrated track record of developing organic content and programs that drive measurable audience growth and user engagement across multiple social channels.
- Experienced brand storyteller with a passion for developing innovative, compelling creative; able to adapt creatively per channel.
- Comfort communicating directly with clients in tactical conversations.
- Strong presentation, PowerPoint, and Excel skills.
- Can identify and troubleshoot problems with our social platforms.
- Ability to focus on both long-term strategic goals and short-term actions.
- Fierce attention to detail and measurement.
- Excitement about adapting to trends and emerging platforms.
- Deep understanding of social media and business analytics; able to translate data insights into optimized, strategic, and compelling content.
- Experience in managing to a set budget & maximizing return on spend.
- Must be a collaborative, cross-functional team player.
- Eye for visual design; has a high bar for development of beautiful content.
- Possess exceptional writing skills and pay close attention to detail, grammar, and tone.
- Comfort communicating insights and presenting results to leadership.
- Exceptional time management and project management skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, and a “how can we get this done” attitude.
- Polish – the ability to conduct yourself with contacts at our partner companies.
- Scrappy and proactive, always looking for ways to take initiative and improve existing programs/processes.
- Curious – no fear of asking question and willing to admit that you don’t know the answer.
- We’re in an industry that is constantly evolving – comfort with ambiguity is very important.
- Low ego, a team player.
Should you join American Well and the Marketing team, you can expect:
The marketing team is a collaborative, data-driven and creative team comprised of; corporate communications, corporate marketing, client marketing, and consumer marketing. Because American Well is the leader in a fast-growing industry, we have the dual opportunity and challenge of building our brand while we simultaneously educate and excite people about telemedicine. We are the company’s – and our clients – go-to marketing agency. We’re responsible for company branding and promotion, customer utilization and success, prospect and product marketing, as well as supporting client retention and business development through outreach, strategy, content, and events.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks