The CFO of American Well is seeking a highly motivated, quantitative-oriented individual to support him on executing Company M&A, fund raising efforts and overall strategic / governance projects. The Analyst will report directly to the CFO.
American Well is a leading telehealth platform in the US with significant technology and healthcare customers and investors. We provide a digital health care delivery platform that is transforming healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Financial Analyst to the CFO will play a critical role in the Finance department, joining a fast-paced and collaborative team. Reporting directly to the CFO, the individual will perform a variety of analytical tasks to develop thoughtful insights on corporate and strategic initiatives.
The Financial Analyst to the CFO will develop dynamic financial models required to support potential acquisition targets/deals, as well as various ad hoc projects for the C-Suite. The dynamic candidate can work independently in a high-growth business environment.
- Own the financial model for the CEO/CFO on M&A and other business situations
- Evaluate business cases and identify potential risks and synergy opportunities
- Attend M&A target meetings, driving analysis of the target opportunity
- Attend Board of Directors meetings and project manage actionable takeaways for the CFO
- Collaborate with various business units to provide data-driven insights to support strategic direction
- Help with creation of Board of Director and other Executive presentations
- Ad hoc financial analysis and strategic projects such as capital market opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Finance required.
- Investment banking or private equity experience
- Highly experienced in dynamic model building and company business valuations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly analytical with great attention to detail
- Extremely organized
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Very strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to hit the ground running – thrive in a fast-paced ever-changing environment.
- Experience in Healthcare or Software/Tech industries preferred
Should you join American Well, you will report directly to the CFO and be a key member of his core Accounting and Finance team.
The Accounting and Finance Group is a highly collaborative service-oriented Team that is responsible for supporting the company's operations in all aspects of its business. We have deployed sophisticated enterprise resource planning solutions across the company in order to support the company’s high growth. Our day to day work involves dealing with complex accounting and tax matters and building sophisticated financial models to support key company decisions including cost-benefit and ROI models.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free on-site gym access
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Daily fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in 3+ kitchens