American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in Solutions Management. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
Our newly created role of Solutions Manager centralizes these important contributions into one team. If you work best in ambiguity, are an agile thinker, someone not afraid to fail, but when you do, you do so quickly and learn from it, that’s a great start. If you’re also an accomplished communicator able to interact and manage at all levels of a rapidly growing healthcare technology company, as well as a passionate visionary with an uncanny ability to pick winning products, this role could be a tailored fit for you.
We are looking for candidates with strong healthcare and product expertise, with experience bringing products from ideation to fruition, and developing and presenting business cases for new product investment and making tough decisions on the products and new market opportunities that we should not be investing in.
This highly visible position will report to the Sr Director of Solutions Management and interacts extensively with our c-suite; demonstrated success in this role will likely offer you a myriad of possibilities for continued career progression and development.
The Solutions Manager will work collaboratively with other leaders in Product Management, Corporate Strategy, Finance, Marketing and Sales to synthesize customer insight and market data and combine that insight to help create new products, evaluate competitive offerings, assess customer demand, develop pricing structures and set tangible strategic priorities for the company.
This will require a hands-on approach and willingness to roll up sleeves and dig into the many sources of customer feedback from direct sources, market insight, and field feedback and turn them into actionable recommendations for investment.
Specific responsibilities will include:
1. Market, Product, and Services Development:
a. Develop new strategic methodology for American Well to identify and develop new products, services and markets. Identify potential products, define opportunity and value proposition, assess competitor offerings and alternative product solutions, identify target customer base and needs, assess fit with American Well’s strategy, product portfolio and technology capabilities
b. Identifies potential new products through various sources including Customer Advisory Boards and other direct customer feedback, customer market research, business unit operations and sales teams, and competitor product analysis
c. Interact directly with customer/prospect senior leadership to identify and assess new product ideas
d. Develop new approach and criteria for product go/no go evaluation process and manages new products through this process. Ensure speed to market of new products to maximize opportunities
e. Works with Leadership Team, new Product Management & Development organization team members, Marketing, sales and operations teams, and Professional Services to develop and help launch successful new products through the entire organization.
f. Present new product ideas to American Well’s Leadership Team for green-light to pursue
g. Ensure alignment across the organization for new product development and launch. Work closely with the product managers in development of each new product
h. Provide insight on pricing as part of product/service/market evaluation to justify investment
2. Cross functional coordination
a. Conduct regular sessions with cross functional teams to maximize alignment across sales, marketing, executive and product teams
b. Analyze, synthesize, and integrate the “Voice of the Customer” into everything we do at American Well, including our products, service delivery, mindset and culture
c. Provide overview and direction on projects
d. Facilitate the flow of work and communication
3. Other responsibilities include:
a. Develop deep knowledge of American Well’s product suite
b. Develop presentations, field survey insights,
c. Strategize with client account leads to ensure solutions are being effectively understood by client clinical leaders to drive both successful implementation and expansion
d. Provide input and suggestion to product development teams based on client feedback
e. Maintain professional internal and external relationships that reflect American Well core values
f. Demonstrate service excellence and Deliver Awesome
- Master's degree
- Bachelor's degree Business or related field
- 4-7 years experience in a related field
- Create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors). Ability to effectively interact with cross functional team leaders
- Lead and influence Leadership Team, Strategy/Marketing/Product Management/Finance, field sales and operations management
- Manage others
- Utilize strong financial analytical skills for business case development
- Work independently and as a member of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of company-wide strategy, product offerings, marketing positioning, product costing/pricing, customer perspectives
- Technical proficiency in financial analysis for synthesizing customer insight, pricing input, and business case development
- Proficiency with computer applications including presentation tools, spreadsheets and apps
- Knowledge of the health system and digital health space including health care services delivery, population health and wellness programs, and telehealth reimbursement policy
- Excellent presentation skills
- Skilled relationship developer
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Comfortable with an extremely fluid, fast-paced environment
- Travel is expected to be 20-40%
Should you join American Well and the Solutions Management team, you can expect to build deep understanding of and relationships with health systems in their development of innovative digital healthcare delivery. You’ll see and learn from the best of the best and help deeply committed health system partners earlier in their journey to build all new capabilities. Put simply, you’ll be working arm-in-arm with digital health leaders nationwide to take the old guard of medicine and enable change from within, bringing new and innovative tools that can improve healthcare.
We are focused every day on how we build trust, engagement, and partnership with clinical leaders looking for better ways to treat their patients. We’re tasked with helping our clients advance their own goals, workflows, and overall experience. We help them dream big and work together to translate each clients’ vision into action.
Telehealth is an exciting and evolving technology that is changing healthcare. If you are passionate about healthcare, and would like to be surrounded by energetic, innovative team members…. We can’t wait to meet you!
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks