American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in Corporate Development. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Strategic Solutions team is tasked with building and growing new business verticals. Our focus areas are Life Sciences, Consumer Gateways, Innovators and Programs, Government Payers, and International expansion. The company’s core sales team focuses on health plans, health systems, and self-insured employers.
The Life Sciences vertical has a healthy pipeline, and multiple active clients. The Lead will be responsible for building out the business model, pricing strategy, go-to-market plan, KPIs, hiring plan, and other key aspects of managing a profitable P&L. Additional responsibilities include identifying new client targets, developing stakeholder and senior relationships, building business propositions and pitches, negotiating and closing deals, and managing the relationship post contract.
Given the size, importance, and innovative nature of our partnerships, the Lead will collaborate closely with leadership across many functional areas and build internal collaboration and stakeholder buy-in.
Develop Business Model and Value Proposition:
- Create pricing model for targets and service offerings
- Determine a go-to-market strategy and internal support requirements for success
- Establish market presence and thought leadership
Build and Execute the Book of Business:
- Surface, evaluate, prioritize, manage and take responsibility for a pipeline of pharma/biotech/device prospects
- Initiate and develop relationships with external executives who are key influencers and decision makers
- Develop highly polished presentations and documents for both market awareness and key prospects
- Draft proposals, negotiate business terms, close contracts and execute from start to finish
- Develop KPIs and measurements for client success
- Build partnership strategy and structure
- Execute strategy and achieve partnership success
- Proven track of closing major, strategic deals and partnerships
- Proven track record of building strong, executive relationships with prospects and customers
- Proven track record of critical strategic thinking, especially creative strategies for rapid growth
- Deep knowledge and experience in the pharma, biotech, and medical device markets, and an understanding of how this industry can use digital health and telehealth technology to further their strategy
- Ability to juggle and complete multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced, fluid working environment
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic, committed to meeting the goals of the team and company in a fast-changing industry and business environment
- Ability to tell a compelling, strategic business story in both words and PowerPoint visualizations
- Excellent team player, with proven track record, capable of working with both senior and junior colleagues
- 10+ years of experience with life sciences / clinical trial organizations
- Brand marketing leadership, P&L responsibility
- Preferred experience selling to pharma
- MBA or other advanced degree from top professional or graduate schools
Should you join American Well and the Strategic Solutions team, you can expect:
Strategic Solutions is a fast-paced, dedicated team focused on shaping the present and future of American Well. We are seeking strategic thinkers with strong analytical proficiency, a flair for creative writing and problem-solving to work alongside us in a hard-working environment. Whether whiteboarding new business models or negotiating game-changing partnerships, expect to work closely with our executive team and for each day to bring a new set of exciting challenges. Our current priorities include developing strategic partnerships, closing large deals, working with strategic accounts, pursuing international opportunities, evaluating M&A opportunities, shaping corporate strategy, and working closely with the company’s executive leadership and other key American Well stakeholders.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks