American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in Professional Services. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Project Manager, Health Systems will play a critical role in interfacing with clients, as well as internal sales, technology, product, and marketing organizations. Specifically, the Project Manager, Health Systems will be responsible for driving a successful implementation of the American Well telehealth platform, which meets specified objectives and requirements set by the client, and positions the client for adoption and growth of its telehealth service.
- Serves as an expert in all aspects of the American Well platform
- During the initial client implementation, serves as the primary client contact and managing all aspects of the implementation project. Coordinates with internal technical, QA, marketing, and visual design teams to ensure delivery according to scope and schedule outlined in the statement of work
- Manages client expectations by building relationships, communicating project status and open issues, preparing reports, managing change, and facilitating weekly meetings
- Provides functional and technical guidance to the client’s project team relative to workflow and solutions design
- Manages the overall requirements process to ensure the platform is configured to meet the client’s needs
- Facilitates training sessions for the client’s project and operational teams, and end users of the platform, specific to each client’s business model
- Communicates project status with team members and and senior business stakeholders
- Utilizes sound judgment in assessing projects’ health; identifying, mitigating and resolving project issues and risks to on-time project delivery
- Provides ongoing support and management of new business initiatives, software upgrades, and enhancements
- Partners with the Account Manager to support client account growth and drive ongoing project activities in support of the client’s strategic objectives
- Contributes to continuous process improvements within the Professional Services organization
- 4-6 years of project management and/or consulting experience concurrently managing multiple large projects in a technical and cross-functional environment, leading clients and team members through large complex system implementations and integrations with aggressive delivery deadlines
- Exceptional communication, leadership, team building, and people management skills
- Outstanding time management and organization skills
- Proven history of managing project teams to meet aggressive deadlines, utilizing sound project management methodology (processes, best practices, tools, and templates)
- Ability to utilize effective communication or negotiation skills, employing diplomacy and sensitivity to resolve critical or escalated issues affecting the client, project team, or senior management
- Proven experience managing scope and internal/external expectations through effective negotiation and partnering
- Fluency with Microsoft Office Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio
- MBA and/or Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification preferred
- Flexibility to travel up to 30% (overnight)
Should you join American Well and the Professional Services team, you can expect:
Work hard play hard is definitely the mentality of the Professional Services team. We are the movers and the shakers in the American Well pyramid. Tasked with advancing client goals, workflows, and overall experience, thinking “outside of the box” is the only consistency each day on the Professional Services Team!
Comprised of five key areas of focus - Health Systems, Health Plans, Employers, Strategic Accounts, and a Project Management Office - this poised, articulate and fast-paced team is the driving force between our clients and American Well’s revolutionary technology. Each specialized area within the Professional Services team has a common goal of managing an effortless and efficient user experience from behind the scenes; this team bridges the gap between the wants and needs of each unique client, putting them into action.
Telehealth is a new, exciting and evolving technology, changing the healthcare world. If you are passionate about healthcare, and would like to be surrounded by energetic, innovative team members…. We can’t wait to meet you!
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks