American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in Strategic Solutions & Corporate Development department. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Vice President, Government & Federal will play a critical role in our Strategic Solutions & Corporate Development department. Specifically, the Vice President, Government & Federal will be responsible for the management and execution of our business development and capture strategy in such markets while also working collaboratively as a key leader of our Strategic Solutions and Corporate Development team.
This person will have an entrepreneurial mindset and will think out of the box to uncover and develop opportunities for our telehealth platform within federal and government accounts. The VP of Government & Federal will lead, develop, and execute the overall capture strategy for each emergent opportunity as well as relevant internal collaboration and external partnerships. Important elements include technical solutions development, effective teaming, staffing and pricing strategies and overall advancing opportunities through the capture lifecycle. In short, our ideal candidate should have a track record of developing and winning bids, experience hunting new government accounts, establishing durable relationships with targeted government and federal clients, writing technical proposals, giving presentations, and closing sales!
Our team culture is based around senior executive relationships, creative and entrepreneurial business propositions, white glove service, and highly polished written and verbal communications – all focused on developing and maintaining major strategic partnerships that complement and extend the scope of our traditional commercial sales force. Given the size, importance, and innovative nature of such relationships, we collaborate regularly and closely with the functional leadership across the company.
- Support business development activities within the Federal and Government sectors including DOD/DHA, VA, and IHS.
- Create and execute strategic capture plan from opportunity identification to proposal development to award.
- Meet with customers, partners, clients, and internal SMEs to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices
- Develop and deliver highly polished written and visual presentations for white papers, RFI and RFP responses, proposals (solicited & unsolicited), and key meetings with prospects, partners, and clients.
- Lead qualification of business opportunities, development and drafting of bid and proposal strategies, pricing, and teaming.
- Recruit and select teaming partners as needed based on gap analysis. Manage communications and build relationships with partners and subcontractors
- Build and manage growing Federal and Government team, as appropriate and justified.
- Polished oral and written communications – particularly the ability to tell a compelling, strategic business story in both written documents and PowerPoint visualizations
- Rigorous business thinker with the ability both to think strategically and work analytically, including facility with quantitative business and pricing modeling, problem solving, and business planning.
- Creative and inspiring leader and communicator with the ability to draw in others – clients, prospects, teammates – to generate vision, elaborate opportunities, and execute proposals
- Excellent team player, with proven track record, capable of working with both senior and junior colleagues, and able to gain internal support both within our department and with other American Well functional areas
- Ability to juggle and complete multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced, fluid working environment
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic, committed to meeting the goals of the team and company in a fast-changing industry and business environment
- 15+ years of Government & Federal healthcare technology Business Development/Capture Management
- Proven track record of qualifying strategic opportunities, building winning proposals and successful capture and business development in Government & Federal contracts
- Documented record of closing large Prime or Sub contracts with the above Federal agencies
- Detailed knowledge of the Federal contracting process including an understanding of time and material firm fixed-price and performance-based contracts, demonstrated working knowledge of Federal RFP language as well as the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and additional applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and guidance.
- Existing and well-established senior relationships and the ability to develop new relationships with senior leadership and decision makers within DOD, DHA, VA and IHS.
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Proven track record of critical strategic thinking, especially creative strategies for rapid growth
- Knowledge of and experience with leading healthcare technologies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field
- MBA or other advanced degree from top professional or graduate schools is a plus
Should you join American Well and the Corporate Development team, you can expect:
The Strategic Solutions and Corporate Development team is a fast-paced, dedicated team focused on shaping the present and future of American Well. We are seeking strategic thinkers with strong analytical proficiency and a flair for creative writing and problem-solving to work alongside us in a hard-working environment. Whether whiteboarding new business models or negotiating game-changing partnerships, expect to work closely with our executive team with each day bringing a new set of exciting challenges.
Our current team priorities include developing strategic partnerships, closing large deals, working with strategic accounts, pursuing international opportunities, fundraising from major financial and strategic investors, evaluating M&A opportunities, shaping corporate strategy, and working closely with the company’s executive leadership and other key American Well stakeholders.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans