American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in Information Technology. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Junior IT Engineer will play a critical role in the Hosting department. Specifically, the Junior IT Engineer will play a critical role in supporting the company’s corporate IT infrastructure including all workstations, laptops (Mac and PC), mobile devices, telephony, servers, storage, network and other systems. This role requires a hands-on engineer who is up to date with current technologies and is continuously striving to increase their technology expertise
- Support IT Help Desk function which services more than 800 end users
- Lead Help Desk and select IT Infrastructure projects for a 24/7 company
- Ensure timely resolution of open trouble tickets and change requests
- Manage after-hours and emergency maintenance as needed
- Provide uninterrupted service on all corporate IT resources, servers and systems
- Ability to quickly isolate issues and drive them to resolution.
- Candidates must have some experience and hands-on expertise in the following areas
- MacOS & Windows 10 experience required
- Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 experience is strongly preferred
- Microsoft Office 365, Active Directory, Intune, SharePoint strongly preferred
- Experience with Linux OS is strongly preferred o Mobile Device Management (iPad, iPhone, Android)
- Endpoint Protection management - Sophos Central preferred
- Basic proficiency with networking protocols including TCP/IP, SSL, VPN, DNS, DHCP,etc
- The candidate must be able to follow engineering best practices and work both independently and as a contributor to a team.
- The candidate must be security conscious and use best practices in daily workThe candidate must have excellent communications skills and be presentable to executives and clients.
- Minimum 1-2 years of hands-on experience in a Help Desk environment.
- Experience troubleshooting Windows and Mac end-user issues.
- Industry certifications from Microsoft (MCSE, MCSM, MCITP) are preferred.
- In compliance or able to work without requiring sponsorship
Should you join American Well and the Hosting team, you can expect:
American Well’s Operations group is a mission-focused technology team made up the best and brightest technical talent. Operating out of our Boston headquarters, our engineers specialize in Information Technology, Cyber Security & Compliance, Hosting Operations, Business Intelligence, Kiosk Operations and Network Engineering. We operate a state of the art Cyber Command Center designed specifically to manage and protect our global telehealth infrastructure.
We leverage the latest technologies including an array of deployment and management tools as well as several cyber threat intelligence networks to keep our systems running smoothly around the clock.
If you enjoy working hard, challenging yourself, and staying at the cutting edge of technology, this is the team for you.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks