At American Financing, we're innovators with imagination. We do what it takes to help customers achieve their financial goals. And we stay ahead of the competition by challenging ourselves to become more efficient. We are one of the fastest-growing national mortgage lenders because we don't follow the status quo.
See what it's like to work for a national mortgage lender that truly values its employees. Wherever your passions lie, you can find rewarding work and new opportunities here.
- Casual work environment
- Family-owned, Customer-focused
- Denver Post Top Workplace
- Top 50 Family-Owned Business
- Best of Colorado Business
- Inc. 5000 Fastest-growing Private Company
The underwriter underwrites mortgage loan applications and evaluates loans in order to maximize organizational profit and minimize risk or loss. This is a remote role however the candidate will need to work MST hours Monday-Friday. Total compensation for this role is an annual salary + monthly bonus.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- 2-5 years of current underwriting experience
- DE & SARS preferred - but not required
- 1+ years of JUMBO underwriting experience a plus
- 1+ years of experience reviewing appraisal's required
- 1+ years of experience reviewing condo applications a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication along with a good level of detail of documentation.
- Friendly and motivated attitude. Good moral ethics conduct.
- Must possess good technical skills, comfortable with MS Office, Byte, DU, LP and other various industry systems.
- Must possess the skills of a self-starter and use logic and experience to review and document files.
- Must have an advanced understanding of FNMA, FHLMC, FHA and Investor guidelines.
- Ability to work in a high production environment underwriting 4-6 new loans per day + 5-6 resubs/touches per day
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Perform a variety of tasks related to the review of complete mortgage loan packages for sale into the secondary market.
- Verify and validate for accuracy and completeness all documents received and confirm documents that meet those required by various authorities including but not limited to FNMA, FHLMC, HUD,DE and individual investors
- Update, maintain loan data and documentation in Loan Origination System for review
- Research applicant’s employment and financial history to help determine the accuracy of application and documents
- Request additional information from Loan Processors as needed on all documents to help determine loan risk
- Communicate and document reasons for approval or rejection of loans
- Meet company standards of 75 new files per month
WHAT WE BRING
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
- Paid time off including holidays
- Long-term paid disability
- Paid maternity and bonding leave
- Work from home potential
- For in-office employees we offer...
- Interactive game room
- Access to a fitness center
- Stocked kitchen
- Sit-stand desks
American Financing Corporation (AFC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AFC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.