Ambiq's mission is to develop the lowest-power semiconductor solutions to enable intelligent devices everywhere by developing the lowest-power semiconductor solutions to drive a more energy-efficient, sustainable, and data-driven world. Ambiq has helped leading manufacturers worldwide develop products that last weeks on a single charge (rather than days), while delivering a maximum feature set in compact industrial designs. Ambiq's goal is to take Artificial Intelligence (AI) where it has never gone before in mobile and portable devices, using Ambiq's advanced ultra-low power system on chip (SoC) solutions. Ambiq has shipped more than 200 million units as of March 2023. For more information, visit www.ambiq.com.
Our innovative and fast-moving teams of research, development, production, marketing, sales, and operations are spread across several continents, including the US (Austin and San Jose), Taiwan (Hsinchu), China (Shenzhen and Shanghai), Japan (Tokyo), and Singapore. We value continued technology innovation, fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision-making, and enthusiasm for energy efficiency. We embrace candidates who also share these same values. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, creative, and comfortable learning and driving exciting new technologies. We encourage and nurture an environment for growth and opportunities to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects that will create a lasting impact. Come join us on our quest for 100 billion devices. The endpoint intelligence revolution starts here.
The Staff Physical Design Engineer is responsible for all phases of the physical implementation of complex modules in advanced process technologies from RTL to GDS, emphasizing synthesis, floor-planning, CTS, Place & Route, timing closure, power analysis, power grid analysis, and physical verification. In addition, the Staff Physical Design Engineer will be responsible for optimizing the designs for efficient power by developing custom low-power methodologies and supporting a unique ultra-low-power CAD flow for Ambiq’s SPOT Platform.
- Physical implementation of complex modules/top level from synthesis through place & route for an ultra-low power SoC based on subthreshold operation using standard EDA tools
- Achieve timing closure in Ambiq’s low-power designs
- Analyze power and implement changes to reduce power
- Analyze EMIR and implement fixes to meet the requirements
- Perform physical verification of the module
- Work closely with the digital design team in specifying power intent, timing constraints and addressing critical timing paths
- Work closely with the digital design team to establish best design practices for clock generators and other elements that require close interaction with CAD tools
- Explore the development of custom low-power methodologies both internally and in partnership with 3rd party tool providers
- BS/MS in ECE/EE and 5-8 years of experience in the physical design required
- Experience in all phases of physical design (module and top level) from synthesis to place & route to physical verification.
- A deep knowledge of low power CAD techniques is extremely important.
- Programming proficiency in Perl and TCL
- Extensive knowledge of timing concepts and constraint development
- Skilled in all phases of physical design: synthesis, floor-planning, clock tree development, placement, and routing
- Understand power analysis, power calculations and low power techniques
- Experienced with power grid analysis
- Broad understanding of timing closure techniques
- Experienced with the use and development of CPF/UPF files is a plus
- Capable with physical verification tasks
- Expertise in RTL synthesis
- Motivated, self-driving engineer with attention to detail
- Knowledge of the Cadence tool flow is a plus
- Experience maintaining and supporting custom standard cell and I/O libraries is a plus
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
We value your privacy. Click here to learn more.