Ambiq's mission is to develop the lowest-power semiconductor solutions to enable intelligent devices everywhere by developing the lowest-power semiconductor solutions to drive a more energy-efficient, sustainable, and data-driven world. Ambiq has helped leading manufacturers worldwide develop products that last weeks on a single charge (rather than days), while delivering a maximum feature set in compact industrial designs. Ambiq's goal is to take Artificial Intelligence (AI) where it has never gone before in mobile and portable devices, using Ambiq's advanced ultra-low power system on chip (SoC) solutions. Ambiq has shipped more than 200 million units as of March 2023. For more information, visit www.ambiq.com.
Our innovative and fast-moving teams of research, development, production, marketing, sales, and operations are spread across several continents, including the US (Austin and San Jose), Taiwan (Hsinchu), China (Shenzhen and Shanghai), Japan (Tokyo), and Singapore. We value continued technology innovation, fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision-making, and enthusiasm for energy efficiency. We embrace candidates who also share these same values. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, creative, and comfortable learning and driving exciting new technologies. We encourage and nurture an environment for growth and opportunities to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects that will create a lasting impact. Come join us on our quest for 100 billion devices. The endpoint intelligence revolution starts here.
Ambiq® is bringing intelligence to billions of endpoints. Using the revolutionary Sub-threshold Power Optimized Technology (SPOT™) Platform, Ambiq’s record-breaking ultra-low power SoCs free device makers to put intelligence everywhere. Ambiq’s SoCs have enabled more than 100 million battery-powered devices in markets ranging from wearables to hearables to smart credit cards to smart home devices to smart industrial devices. Ambiq develops and sells SoCs and software solutions with innovative and fast-moving teams in the US (Austin and San Jose), Taiwan (Hsinchu), China (Shenzhen and Shanghai), Japan (Tokyo), and Singapore.
We are just getting started with these first 100 million devices. Come join us on our quest for 100 billion devices. The endpoint intelligence revolution starts here.
We are seeking experienced candidates who have a keen interest in circuit design, specifically in power management circuits, level shifters, retention flops, power switches, power delivery circuits, memory related circuits and other low power custom circuits. The ideal candidate will possess a strong understanding of CMOS device characteristics and design rules, as well as knowledge of deep submicron process issues and FinFET technologies.
In addition, the candidates should have a deep understanding of custom digital and analog circuits and optimization techniques for better power, performance, and area (PPA). The candidate should have experience in layout design and be able to optimize parasitics in various types of layouts. Furthermore, proficiency in scripting languages such as Perl, Python, and Tcl is a must. The candidate should also have hands-on experience running SPICE simulations and process variation analysis.
A thorough understanding of timing characterization and modeling of standard cell circuits is also important. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and analytical skills and be able to work effectively as part of a team. Overall, we are looking for a candidate who is passionate about circuit design and has the necessary skills and knowledge to excel in this role. If you are enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and possess the qualities we are seeking, we would love to hear from you.
- Investigate, plan, and design and productize novel sub-threshold and near-threshold circuits and other related low power circuit techniques (e.g., adaptive body biasing, adaptive clock distributions, level shifters, customized standard cells, specialized memory structures, PDN modeling etc.).
- Validate and refine low power circuit design techniques as part of a team that is building standard cells in advanced nodes (e.g., 12nm and beyond).
- Work with product development teams (library characterization, Engineering, Architecture and Product Planning team) to rapidly deploy newly developed custom circuits and standard cells in products.
- Develop and drive standard cell development activities for test and production chips owned by the Advanced Development team.
- Maintain a relationship and collaborate with 3rd party CAD tool vendors and foundries during the development of new circuit design methodologies.
Education and Experience:
- Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering or related discipline. Exceptional candidates with a Master’s degree with also be considered.
- Experience in driving new standard cell circuit design concepts, modeling, simulation and layout optimization efforts to improve PPA.
- Experience in developing low power custom circuits on advanced FinFET process nodes with Cadence tools and scripting languages.
- Experience in developing new circuits and transitioning those to production is highly desirable.
- Experience in library characterization flows, custom layout design, post-layout simulation would be an added advantage.
Key Personal and Professional Attributes
Ambiq is a company that values continued technology innovation, a fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision making, and, above all, enthusiasm for energy efficiency. The incoming candidate should embrace these same values. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, extremely creative, and should be comfortable learning exciting new technologies. This is an opportunity for growth and an opportunity to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects.
We value your privacy. Click here to learn more.