Ambiq's mission is to develop the lowest-power semiconductor solutions to enable intelligent devices everywhere by developing the lowest-power semiconductor solutions to drive a more energy-efficient, sustainable, and data-driven world. Ambiq has helped leading manufacturers worldwide develop products that last weeks on a single charge (rather than days), while delivering a maximum feature set in compact industrial designs. Ambiq's goal is to take Artificial Intelligence (AI) where it has never gone before in mobile and portable devices, using Ambiq's advanced ultra-low power system on chip (SoC) solutions. Ambiq has shipped more than 200 million units as of March 2023. For more information, visit www.ambiq.com.
Our innovative and fast-moving teams of research, development, production, marketing, sales, and operations are spread across several continents, including the US (Austin and San Jose), Taiwan (Hsinchu), China (Shenzhen and Shanghai), Japan (Tokyo), and Singapore. We value continued technology innovation, fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision-making, and enthusiasm for energy efficiency. We embrace candidates who also share these same values. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, creative, and comfortable learning and driving exciting new technologies. We encourage and nurture an environment for growth and opportunities to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects that will create a lasting impact. Come join us on our quest for 100 billion devices. The endpoint intelligence revolution starts here.
Ambiq’s Sales and Business Development team is looking for a highly motivated leader that will take our incredible technology into new and fast-growing markets.
In this role, the successful candidate will have a key leadership position in the Asia Pacific region, leading the Sales, Field Applications and Marketing teams. They will oversee daily sales activity, meet with major clients, draw up sales reports, design new and more effective sales strategies, own forecasting and demand creation and work to market and promote Ambiq’s products. The individual will coordinate with our distribution partners to execute the company strategies. In addition, the candidate will work collaboratively with other departments to build morale, coach and mentor staff and provide local leadership.
Candidate must quickly learn to promote and understand Ambiq products. Developing new customers and finding new markets will be critical to our success in this role.
Will require traveling up to 50% of the time.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who prefers to push the boundaries and go beyond what’s possible.
- Design and overs the sales strategy for the Asia Pacific region in order to accomplish the revenue growth and margin goals of
- Build strong executive relationships with Ambiq’s channel partners and customers.
- Lead the Sales and Applications Engineering teams to identify and define key growth areas for the company to pursue.
- Provide accurate and timely forecasting
- Lead all demand creation activities in the assigned region
- Build a design funnel with integrity that reflects our focus and priorities for the next 1-3 years.
- Proactively represent the 'voice of the customer' in working closely with product roadmap owners
- Understand the competitive landscape and execution of 'attack' plans
- Build a world-class team with evolving career development and succession plans
- Pro-actively build support for and be an advocate within Ambiq for new customers and markets.
- Provide local Leadership for other departments staff.
Education and Experience:
- 15+ years’ experience in Business development or technical sales
- BSEE or equivalent
- Extensive experience visiting, presenting to, and working with customers
- Strong track record of winning new customers and new designs
- Consistently demonstrated the ability to outgrow the market and take share.
- Sales experience with Embedded 32bit MCUs is preferred
- Experience with Cortex-M ARM-based microcontrollers is desirable
- Experience supporting and designing with low power radios (BLE, BT Classic, 802.15.4) is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, with the ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Proven ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams, lead projects and drive results in a fastpaced, dynamic environment
- Experience in a start-up environment not required, but it’s a plus
Key Personal and Professional Attributes
The successful candidate must be self-motivated, creative, and should be comfortable working in the gray. The Ambiq Sales and Business Development function was established less than 2 years ago and someone who joins the team should be able to quickly integrate and build processes and programs from the ground up. This is an opportunity for growth and an opportunity to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects.
Most importantly, the successful candidate will be able to live the Ambiq Shared Values:
- Innovate: We tenaciously find ways to break down the barriers to possible
- Collaborate: We proactively communicate and encourage each other to be better.
- Focus: We keep the voice of the customer at the center of everything we do.
- Learn: We strive for continuous improvement and are always curious.
- Achieve: We execute on quality and follow through on our commitments
We value your privacy. Click here to learn more.