Ambiq has been on a singular mission since 2010 to put intelligence everywhere by creating the most energy-efficient semiconductor solutions for IoT endpoint devices. Using the revolutionary Subthreshold Power Optimized Technology (SPOT®) Platform, Ambiq’s record-breaking ultra-low power solutions, including MCU and SoCs, have helped global device makers deliver more than 150 million products with advanced features, enhanced performance, and extended battery life.
With a leading market share in wearables at the speed of shipping 1 million units per month, Ambiq is now expanding its impact on novel endpoint products such as hearables, smart home automation, industrial IoT preventive monitoring, and more.
Our innovative and fast-moving teams of research, development, production, marketing, sales and operations are spread across several continents, including the US (Austin and San Jose), Taiwan (Hsinchu), China (Shenzhen and Shanghai), Japan (Tokyo), and Singapore. We value continued technology innovation, fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision making, and, above all, enthusiasm for energy efficiency. We embrace candidates who also share these same values. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, creative, and comfortable learning and driving exciting new technologies. We encourage and nurture an environment for growth and opportunities to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects that will create a lasting impact. Come join us on our quest for 100 billion devices. The endpoint intelligence revolution starts here.
- Development of embedded microcontroller firmware test cases and code power optimization
- Design and develop Linux host PC software for automated control of custom validation board hardware, lab instruments, microcontroller silicon, and other system components
- Develop and implement MCU silicon validation algorithms and functional tests in Tcl, Python, and embedded C/C++
- Define and develop tools for mixed signal validation and characterization test data logging, analysis, and presentation
- Develop custom automated software functions and/or applications to assist the design, test, and applications teams with debugging of MCU hardware issues
- FPGA board level hardware design and Verilog software development. Develop custom embedded software and FPGA functions to assist with automated test and debug of MCU hardware
- BS/MS in EE with 7+ years of experience developing software to automate MCU silicon validation and/or related systems
- 5+ years of experience developing embedded ARM microcontroller and/or DSP applications in C within a Linux environment and utilizing embedded software IDEs and debugging tools
- Experience architecting and developing software for automation systems that include a host PC, lab electrical equipment, and custom ultra-low power microcontroller system hardware
- Experience developing embedded software and scripting algorithms in Tcl, Perl and/or Python and embedded C/C++
- Experience working hands-on in the lab with digital and analog electrical test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and current profiling and measurement equipment
- Experience developing and using data logging, analysis, and report generation tools
- Experience developing low level embedded software drivers and application code for serial peripherals (I2C, SPI, QSPI, UART, PDM, I2S, SDIO), microcontroller SRAM and flash memory, analog interfaces (DACs, ADC), and programmable power management/regulators (switching converters, linear regulators)
Key Personal and Professional Attributes:
Ambiq is building a company that values continued technology innovation, a fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision making, and enthusiasm for energy efficiency. The incoming candidate should embrace these same values. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, creative, and should be comfortable learning exciting new technologies. This is an opportunity for growth and to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects.
We value your privacy. Click here to learn more.