Ambiq has been on a singular mission since 2010 to put intelligence everywhere by creating the most energy-efficient semiconductor solutions for IoT endpoint devices. Using the revolutionary Subthreshold Power Optimized Technology (SPOT®) Platform, Ambiq’s record-breaking ultra-low power solutions, including MCU and SoCs, have helped global device makers deliver more than 150 million products with advanced features, enhanced performance, and extended battery life.
With a leading market share in wearables at the speed of shipping 1 million units per month, Ambiq is now expanding its impact on novel endpoint products such as hearables, smart home automation, industrial IoT preventive monitoring, and more.
Our innovative and fast-moving teams of research, development, production, marketing, sales and operations are spread across several continents, including the US (Austin and San Jose), Taiwan (Hsinchu), China (Shenzhen and Shanghai), Japan (Tokyo), and Singapore. We value continued technology innovation, fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision making, and, above all, enthusiasm for energy efficiency. We embrace candidates who also share these same values. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, creative, and comfortable learning and driving exciting new technologies. We encourage and nurture an environment for growth and opportunities to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects that will create a lasting impact. Come join us on our quest for 100 billion devices. The endpoint intelligence revolution starts here.
Scope and Responsibilities
The Senior Field Applications Engineer (FAE) will provide direct support to Global customers with a focus on US based customers. Support development and debug of products using Ambiq ultra-low power solutions. The candidate will assist in all aspects of customer design-in process and support customers HW and SW development through to full production.
Candidate must quickly learn and support Ambiq products, read/write technical specifications/requirements, develop/refine hardware designs, apply system integration and lab skills, demonstrate strong problem solving abilities, and work closely with customers and internal engineering to help develop and launch customers’ new products.
Will require traveling up to 50% of the time.
- Work closely with Ambiq sales to support customer design-in activities starting from pre-sales activities
- Be an authority on low power design, and advise customers how to optimize power consumption at a system level
- Perform design reviews of customer schematics and PCB layouts
- Assist customers in use of Ambiq MCU software development tools
- Support bring up and debug of customer designs including software, hardware, and overall system
- Feedback customers’ inputs to marketing and engineering to shape the development of new ICs and reference designs
- Review customer software/hardware design requirements to understand current and future challenges
- Evangelize emerging technology and train/enable the sales team
Ideal candidates will be an engineer with experience developing software and hardware in embedded systems. The candidate should have experience visiting and supporting customers and should be comfortable presenting and discussing complex technical topics. The ideal candidate will have experience with energy-constrained, battery-powered products and will have expertise in leading low power microcontrollers, DSPs, radios, and other peripherals from industry leaders. Knowledge of wearable and hearable product designs is desirable. Solid electrical engineering, embedded software/firmware development (C Programming Language), digital & analog circuit fundamentals and lab skills are a must. Strong communication and teamwork skills are required. Experience with wireless standards such as Bluetooth, WLAN, or ZigBee will be a plus and application experience with ARM based microcontrollers is strongly desired.
- 7+ years’ experience in a Field Applications Engineering role or equivalent
- Extensive experience visiting, presenting to, and working with customers
- Experience with Embedded 32bit MCU software and hardware is required
- Experience with Cortex-M ARM-based microcontrollers is highly desirable
- Experience debugging common embedded MCU HW and SW issues
- Experience supporting and designing with low power radios (BLE, BT Classic, 802.15.4) is desirable
We value your privacy. Click here to learn more.